The Student Room Group

Size 4 in Topshop?

When I went into the petite section of Topshop today I'm sure I saw a pair of trousers in there in a size 4! :eek: Has anyone else seen a size 4 in Topshop or have I just gone mad? :confused:
I'm a size 6-8 but I'm 5 foot, how on earth could anyone fit into a size 4?! (how small would they have to be?!) :confused:

CT: bigger discussion on Topshop sizing here
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Are you sure they wern't in the non-human section, for the creatures known as stick insects? :rolleyes:

That is disgustingly thin. Eeew.
I've never seen that before. However, have noticed trend for US & UK dual sizing - it could be that. That would make the trousers a size 8?
Size 8 - still too tiny for me!!! Darn these skinny girls!
morningtheft
Yeah, let's make girls feel bad about their bodies. That's really productive. It's not like there's enough low self esteem among teenage girls already, let's add some more by telling them that their bodies are disgusting!

Whoah, chill!!!! It was just a comment!!!

My mum was anorexic, probably a size 4 if there is one, she was so thin, so I understand what it's like for girls to think what others feel about their bodies. But seriously, it was just a comment. I don't mean any harm!!!
Captain Chaos
I was about to say, morningtheft needs to learn how to chill out!

You are right, size 4 is bloody tiny!

Thankyou for not thinking I'm a big meanie :rolleyes:

--------------

morningtheft
Implying that people who are a certain size are "non-human," "stick insects" and "disgusting" seems, to me, to intend harm. But that's just me!

you are too sensitive. If you are one of these really skinny people, I apologize if I offended, but in my honest opinion, a size that small is unattractive and unhealthy.
morningtheft
Yeah, on a person of average height, perhaps. Someone who is, say, 4'10" for example would probably look perfectly fine as a size 4.

Just a midget. :rolleyes:

I'm in a bitchy mood today, ok!!! I'm sorry, that was a joke!

Yes, I agree with you, it would look much better on a smaller person than a tall person. But it's still too skinny for my liking.

--------------

Anyways, why pick on me!?!?! The OP was the first person to imply how small the person must be to fit into a size 4!!!
actually i think topshop have made their sizes larger to make women feel slimmer.
the feel good factor.

they say they do jeans in a 36" inside leg, but when i asked for them they told me they dont exist... not what the signs said.

so i got my jeans in a 26", 34". and at 5'10" I haven't been under 28" on jeans since i was about 14. so am tellin ya they're sizing down these days.
I always find TopShop sizes too small for me!!! I'm in between sizes at the moment, sooo annoying!
Size 4!!!!! :eek:
Reply 10
Size 4 would be anorexic.

Size 6 is classed as borderline anorexic.
Reply 11
red_roadkill
Size 4 would be anorexic.

Size 6 is classed as borderline anorexic.

No it's not! :mad: No personal offence meant :redface: Imo clothes sizes have been increasing as a result of ppl generally being larger today than they were a few years ago. I know someone said size 4 trousers ( :eek: what exactly are the measurements on those?) but I wouldn't mind there being some nice size 4 dresses around where I live, like in Monsoon etc at a more economically feasible price for me. :p: That's my opinion anyway.
Reply 12
morningtheft
Anorexia is a mental disorder, not a clothing size. :rolleyes:

:ditto:
I don’t understand why anyone would get this defensive. I suffered from anorexia at 14, would have killed to be a size 0 if possible. And not even I'm taking this thread that personally.

Skinny, contrary to some fashion elitists, is not goddess like. For 3 years I had no T or A :biggrin:
Reply 14
bluedreamer
I don’t understand why anyone would get this defensive. I suffered from anorexia at 14, would have killed to be a size 0 if possible. And not even I'm taking this thread that personally.

:hugs: Tsss, what can I say? It's just what I believe. I guess you could call me defensive bcos I feel that what was said was not true, it's late at night and I have a whole day of tidying tomorrow- deep joy. :frown: Even I know not to take this thread personally :rolleyes: Unless I felt really irritated and it was a misconception aimed directly at me, which it wasn't and I'm not. No offence anyone. Tss, I'm burbling, Good Night and sweet dreams everyone. :smile:
:wink: night
Reply 16
Size 4? then you have some serious issues, really!
Reply 17
My sister's a size 4. She's not anorexic, eats whatever she likes (and usually that's a lot of ice cream and chocolate), but is just very petite. She doesn't look unattractively thin either - slim, but not so you can see bones.
I know they're rare, but you do get size 4s.
Reply 18
I think size 4 is designed for school girls, so they can get things like school pants etc from topshop. I'm 5ft and a size 6-8 too and I went mad when I saw it, cause I wanted this top and they only had it in a size 4 :frown:
Poison Ivy
Size 4? then you have some serious issues, really!

Plus all the other people who have posted something 'offensive' about being a size 4... Did you all get Neg Repped like me?! :frown: Bloody hell, they're only opinions!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending