The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex: Ask A Student Thread / Information Thread :)

Scroll to see replies

Me too, I've been waiting for ages? Still no news
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 781
I read somewhere that they don't process it until results day if you have a conditional offer (I applied in April and haven't heard anything)
Oh okay that's fine, nice to know I'm not the only one. Thank you 😊
Hiya,
Probably a weird question, but what nights do the main parties happen? Like student nights etc?
Reason being that I'm transferring my job to near uni and they're asking what days I can work, so I don't want to be working till midnight when there's something good happening!
Original post by rhiannahughesxo
Hiya,
Probably a weird question, but what nights do the main parties happen? Like student nights etc?
Reason being that I'm transferring my job to near uni and they're asking what days I can work, so I don't want to be working till midnight when there's something good happening!

By far the biggest night of the week is a Wednesday as this is Sports Fed, which occurs after all the BUCS sports matches and the sports teams (and everyone else) goes and gets pissed. Also Fridays and Saturdays are big nights but Wednesday is the main one especially if you play sports.
Original post by sunnyurs
hey! just wondering, for those who have already received accommodation offers from essex, around how long after you submitted your accommodation application did you receive an offer for it? :redface:

I received my offer of Tawney Tower about 3 weeks after i applied, but i have an unconditional offer so it might be different
GUYS,

Quick question...

Do you know if Uni of Essex colchester campus students are allowed to hire accommodation in south-end campus over the summer?

The reason is because of an internship based in south-end.

Many thanks!
GUYS,

Quick question...

Do you know if Uni of Essex colchester campus students are allowed to hire accommodation in south-end campus over the summer?

Many thanks!
Original post by Unientry2012
GUYS,

Quick question...

Many thanks!

Have a look here:
http://www.essex.ac.uk/accommodation/summer_vacation/
:smile: Might be worth it to give accommodation a call.
Hey, I've applied for South Courts accommodation a few months ago and I haven't had a confirmation email of some sort ever since, should be I be worried? Would I need to login into my e-portal go check?
Original post by YoungerHamii2014
Hey, I've applied for South Courts accommodation a few months ago and I haven't had a confirmation email of some sort ever since, should be I be worried? Would I need to login into my e-portal go check?

wait not even like a application confirmed thing which shows all your details and stuff? :redface:
Original post by sunnyurs
wait not even like a application confirmed thing which shows all your details and stuff? :redface:

Nothing other than my application being received and processed, I'm assuming I'm still on the waiting list, South Courts may be over-subscribed or like someone said, some have to wait till results day :s-smilie:
Original post by YoungerHamii2014
Nothing other than my application being received and processed, I'm assuming I'm still on the waiting list, South Courts may be over-subscribed or like someone said, some have to wait till results day :s-smilie:

yeah I'm in the same position as you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Debbie_F
yeah I'm in the same position as you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good to have some company :wink: May I ask which accommodation and course did you apply for?
Does anyone ever actually go out in colchester Or is it all on campus?
I've firmed marketing and management for this October, and online it says my time table will be 1 hour lecture and seminar per unit in my first year. In my first year there are 4 units, will I really only be on campus 8 hours a week?! :s
Original post by lucydouglaslucy
Does anyone ever actually go out in colchester Or is it all on campus?
I've firmed marketing and management for this October, and online it says my time table will be 1 hour lecture and seminar per unit in my first year. In my first year there are 4 units, will I really only be on campus 8 hours a week?! :s

That sounds about right. I had 10 hours of lectures in first year and this year I've only 6-8 hours a week. It is a bit of a shock coming from college but remember you'll have essays and coursework to keep you busy.

Mostly people stay on campus for week day nights but it isn't unusual to go out in Colchester town although it's nothing special.
Original post by Saliency
That sounds about right. I had 10 hours of lectures in first year and this year I've only 6-8 hours a week. It is a bit of a shock coming from college but remember you'll have essays and coursework to keep you busy.

Mostly people stay on campus for week day nights but it isn't unusual to go out in Colchester town although it's nothing special.

Haha I'm not complaining! Although I'm glad I decided to live at home, what s waste of money that would be seeing as I live 15 minutes from the uni! Thanks x
Can anybody who has experience studying at the university tell about what they think of the university? I live outside UK and missed an open day. How good is the support from teachers, how is the area where the university is, how is the standard of the students that study there, is the university good for computer science or computer games programming?
Is the area deserted... Heard its isolated
Reply 799
Original post by Jessio
Is the area deserted... Heard its isolated

The uni is about 20 mins on the bus from the town centre (and about 2 mins from tesco / 20 min walk). However being a campus uni there is a lot on campus (2 bars, club, 2 restaurants plus a burger place, shop, post office etc)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending