The Student Room Group

Bank question!

Hullo just wondering about student bank accounts!
Had a talk in college a few months back about like shoppin around for the bank that'll give you the best perks and a good overdraft and whatnot but when I look on the banks websites it says you have to be in a degree course or similar course to apply for this student account, does that mean that I couldn't open one now for when i start in september?
Only asking because I'm sending off my student finance today or tomorrow and I'm not really happy with the current bank I'm with (Barclays)'s student account!

Thanks for reading, hope someone can make sense of this cos I'm not sure I've explained it too well haha
you can't open one until you have your UCAS letter confirming your place in August.
So too late to put on your student finance? does that mean my loan will be in my current account but I'll have the over draft on a seperate student account if I choose to change banks?
Reply 3
Original post by weusedtovacation
So too late to put on your student finance? does that mean my loan will be in my current account but I'll have the over draft on a seperate student account if I choose to change banks?

you change it on student finance when you get your new bank account
Ahh that makes sense, cheers :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending