Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Star Wars - how should they be watched?

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: How Should Star Wars be watched? How did you watch Star Wars?
    I watched them as I II III IV V VI and I think it's the way SW should be watched
    23.88%
    I watched them as I II III IV V VI and I wish I had seen them in their original order
    13.43%
    I watched them as IV V VI I II III and I think the episodes should be watched in order of original release
    49.25%
    I watched them as IV V VI I II III and I think having watched them in SW-chronological order would have been a better experience
    13.43%

• 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    However you want to watch em, but imo logically that's from prequel to sequel

It's also interesting to see it from original to the most recent as most fans did, see how everything came to be and all
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm so confused!!! Never watched them! How many are there? 6? 9? Wikipedia is confusing me! Should I watch the old or new? Or both?
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Release: 4 5 6 1 2 3
    Chronologically: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Edit: The new ones are really ****.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Three was best
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, if you don't like the prequels you're not a true Star Wars fan. Sure, the originals were better, doesn't mean I,II, and III weren't great as well though.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think phantom menace was best, but it may be because it was the first one I watched and I was quite young, I just cant get over how cool darth maul was
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    While old thread is old, this article is currently making its way around the internet http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/201...viewing-order/ and the author makes a compelling argument for watching it in the order IV, V, II, III, VI - rather than the traditional production and chronological order ways of watching them. I'm convinced.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    III, IV, V & VI.

Bin I & II. Ja Ja Binks makes me sick.

P.S. I saw Star Wars when it came out in the pic's!
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I first watched them in the order or IV, V, VI, I, II, III. When me and a few friends did a Star Wars marathon (thoroughly good fun if you're up for it, despite it being around 14 hours of film) however we watched them in the order from I to VI.

Personally, I'd say to watch them in the order I first watched them if you've never seen any Star Wars films before, otherwise you won't fully appreciate the plot twist in the Empire Strikes Back (not that everyone knows what it is already :P ). Otherwise I'd prefer to watch them from I to VI.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    whoever watches it in chronological order is a complete idiot/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well personally, I think people who start with a new hope are pretentious dicks. All movies are great, yes, the third last are better, but how is one to understand about why darth vader is really evil? Or how Luke and Leih could be sisters? Or why they were spilt up, or why yoda is in exile? And why would you purposely miss darth maul? Now that would be a silly thing to do
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurensucks)
    Well personally, I think people who start with a new hope are pretentious dicks. All movies are great, yes, the third last are better, but how is one to understand about why darth vader is really evil? Or how Luke and Leih could be sisters? Or why they were spilt up, or why yoda is in exile? And why would you purposely miss darth maul? Now that would be a silly thing to do
    George Lucas is a money grabbing **** who has ruined the original movies by creating a pile of garbage, to put it politely. Why do we need to understand why Vader is evil? He wasn't even the main villain really, just a means to the end for the Emperor. Now I'm not saying that the originals are completely loop-hole free but its just much much worse for the prequels.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The prequels answer more questions that there are faults in it. If you want me to go there, how come all of the jedis were wiped out by one man, when a bunch of E-number filled teddy bears could turn the whole empire around, it's so effing stupid.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guru Jason)
    George Lucas is a money grabbing **** who has ruined the original movies by creating a pile of garbage, to put it politely. Why do we need to understand why Vader is evil? He wasn't even the main villain really, just a means to the end for the Emperor. Now I'm not saying that the originals are completely loop-hole free but its just much much worse for the prequels.
    And how exactly can you call yourself a fan when you only like half of it. You dont see lord of the rings fans going "yeah, return of the king was fine, but the fellowship of the ring should just be disgarded"
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRealDarthVader)
    The movies aren't fact, you know. It didn't all happen like that.
    No, expanded universe crap is what isn't fact.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurensucks)
    And how exactly can you call yourself a fan when you only like half of it. You dont see lord of the rings fans going "yeah, return of the king was fine, but the fellowship of the ring should just be disgarded"
    1) He made them purley for the money, not for the love of the films.
    2) Poor films with countless mistakes that take away from the original films

I can go on with what was actually wrong with the films should you wish me to, its just that thats alot of explaining.
    Also, The Fellowship of the Ring was the best film.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    They should not be watched at all. Such flagrant disregard for religion should not be glorified, especially not by Hollywood.

'ancient weapons and hokey religions are no match for a good blaster at your side' - Hand Solo, A New Hope.

Clearly anti-religious sentiment proponated by the AoG (atheistic occupational government) to convert young Christians to a life of hellfire.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The should be watched in order of release.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do any film directors purely get into a the business for the love of film? Didn't think so. And yes, fellowship is the best by far
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend's finally managed to get me to watch them but I'm doing it in chronological order (my memory is so awful that by the time I got to III, I'd be struggling to remember what happened in IV, so it's easier to remember chronologically). Plus, everyone says the original trilogy is the best, so I'm saving the best till last

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 21, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki film section

Quick link:

Unanswered film threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.