The Student Room Group

HELP ME! Edexcel Fri tomorrow!!!

I only got 10 hours left of revision then i go to school to do the exam....

I wasted too much time on playing game and i regret it so much ....

I am doing foundation and tomorrow is my last math exam and i dont want to reset for 2 more years . Its a Calculator exam and its 1 hour long . Please please please help , any tips , pass paper or advise for a noob like me?

Its was so hard the one on monday. I did really bad. I revise for 8 hours but those hours i revise those topics didnt show up on the exams and the questions its too hard for me.

One question like this :

Its extrememly difficult to get a C because the total paper mark is 60. you need to get over 50 to get a C. Impossible for foundation people like me.

Please help .
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
revise through your work
i'm doing higher so i can't help
but i would get off here and sit down with your books and any practise papers you may have been given (or find some on here) and just go through everything, even if it won't come up
specifically topics that require calculators, go over them a lot
don't stress, because it won't help you
everyone found monday's paper hard i think so hopefully they'll put the grade boundaries lower
good luck
Reply 2
Procrastination is the theft of time.
Make sure you have a folder to revise from or instead go to your exam board's site and try some past papers. This can help you master your 'technique' by being familiar with the questions. Also, good luck!
Reply 3
firstly, calm down.
Do some past papers, they will help as that is the material you expect to see.
I'm an alevel maths student, so will help if I can, just ask away what you are stuck on.
remember, read the questions carefully and stay on track of what it asks.
don't forget your calculator :smile:
Good luck
Reply 4
I try to do some pass papers in edexcel , it doesnt let me download.
It keep saying you are not the teacher or something and it wont let me get it.

I am really bad at maths but no pass papers no hope.

Thanks for the reply as above anyway. If i didnt waste my time on playing game there might still a hope but bow its too late i guess.....
Reply 5
Email a teacher and ask if you can get a copy. Google it too, theres a handy site for alevel papers, there might be a gcse version
Reply 6
Thanks but sadly I think its too late to email because my last maths exam is tomorrow and teacher are not i nthe school.

What should i google it: What should i type?

TOo bad i am not doing A levels. I am doing foundation...
Reply 7
"past paper foundation calculator (insert exam board)

Hunt around
Reply 8
But i am doing edexcel so should i type this in ?

I am a noob sorry
Reply 9
yeah type it in. So you are doing edexcel calculator foundation GCSE?
Reply 11
http://www.edexcel.com/i-am-a/teacher/Pages/pastpapers.aspx
Try This, I am in the same boat as you, Im doing foundation and Ive got another maths exam on monday as i am resiting,
Reply 12
@ Sweety , yep i am doing edexcel calculator foundation GCSE modular tomorrow. I have go on that link now what should i click?

@MegiBooo , it work thanks , too bad thye dont put 2011 on it.
Reply 13
Original post by Peace_Frog
revise through your work
i'm doing higher so i can't help
but i would get off here and sit down with your books and any practise papers you may have been given (or find some on here) and just go through everything, even if it won't come up
specifically topics that require calculators, go over them a lot
don't stress, because it won't help you
everyone found monday's paper hard i think so hopefully they'll put the grade boundaries lower
good luck

yes, that's true the foundation exam on Monday wasn't easy at all especially for those who were doing foundation, so concentrate for tomorrow's exam and you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 14
Thanks all!
Reply 15
if you have a mathswatch CD get it out and use it , it really helpss !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending