The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 English Literature and Language (Combined)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
is there any way to get a complete glossary of what you should be commenting on in a 'unseen' piece, with relation to attitude, values and ideas?
Reply 41
Is anyone doing this exam this year? In desperate need of some help!
Original post by Mobs25
Hello! I do Edexcel A2 English Lit & Lang! (Not my TSR account though)

Haha I thought I was the only person here doing this subject! Sadly we're not doing the same theme. I'm doing Family & Relationships and will be using All my Sons & A Dolls House as my text. Unfortunately, my class is quite terrible and disorganised! I really don't know what the "unseen piece" is really about!?!?! We did a few in class but I'm still a bit confused as to how to go about it! Any help/tips?! sample answers?
But for revision, I'm trying to understand and apply as many literary devices possible to help improve my analytical writing.. hrmm practice summarising a text which can help the fluidity of your writing when it comes to the exam.
Read any text and get a glossary of literary devices out and use it to identify the techniques used in the text.
Also for the outside text (don't know if the same applies to you) I've been highlighting all possible themes and trying to find ways in which it relates to each other and also summarising different sections of the text and analysing the language used and what impact it conveys.

Hrmm I don't know if this would be useful to you because we're not doing the exact same thing but that's what I'm going to do for this exam.

Also does anyone know where you can you find past papers beside the Edexcel website?!?!? I feel like there aren't a lot of resources for this exam :frown:

I'm going to be doing combined lit and Lang in sixth form ! :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by Mobs25
Hello! I do Edexcel A2 English Lit & Lang! (Not my TSR account though)

Haha I thought I was the only person here doing this subject! Sadly we're not doing the same theme. I'm doing Family & Relationships and will be using All my Sons & A Dolls House as my text. Unfortunately, my class is quite terrible and disorganised! I really don't know what the "unseen piece" is really about!?!?! We did a few in class but I'm still a bit confused as to how to go about it! Any help/tips?! sample answers?
But for revision, I'm trying to understand and apply as many literary devices possible to help improve my analytical writing.. hrmm practice summarising a text which can help the fluidity of your writing when it comes to the exam.
Read any text and get a glossary of literary devices out and use it to identify the techniques used in the text.
Also for the outside text (don't know if the same applies to you) I've been highlighting all possible themes and trying to find ways in which it relates to each other and also summarising different sections of the text and analysing the language used and what impact it conveys.

Hrmm I don't know if this would be useful to you because we're not doing the exact same thing but that's what I'm going to do for this exam.

Also does anyone know where you can you find past papers beside the Edexcel website?!?!? I feel like there aren't a lot of resources for this exam :frown:

Any pointers for the exam? I'm doing family relationships too
Reply 44
How many points minimum should be made for each section of the exam?

I usually do six on the unseen prose and three comparative points for the plays (three big paragraphs covering a comparison for both plays). Is that enough?
Reply 45
does anyone know what the january 2013 question was for a sense of place??
is anyone doing this exam in June on 'Family Relationships' comparing All My Sons an A Doll's House? I can't seem to find any current threads!!!
I did this exam how do you think it went?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending