The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths Calculator 10/6

This poll is closed

Do you think it will be easier

Yes 40%
No 27%
It will be similar33%
Total votes: 15
So do you guys think it is going to be easier? Non-calc was stupidly hard, also heard that there was an unsolvable equation it in :confused: .... I find calc easier like most people I think, so it should be alright... what are your thoughts?
Reply 1
Original post by camblacks
So do you guys think it is going to be easier? Non-calc was stupidly hard, also heard that there was an unsolvable equation it in :confused: .... I find calc easier like most people I think, so it should be alright... what are your thoughts?

It could go either way to be honest. They will have either made 2 equally hard papers, or one hard paper and one easy paper. However, calculator papers don't usually vary in difficulty because it's mostly formulaic. I'd say you're looking at a pretty average difficulty calculator exam, so there isn't much to worry about.
Reply 2
Original post by cc234
It could go either way to be honest. They will have either made 2 equally hard papers, or one hard paper and one easy paper. However, calculator papers don't usually vary in difficulty because it's mostly formulaic. I'd say you're looking at a pretty average difficulty calculator exam, so there isn't much to worry about.

Ok good, am scoring mid-80's on the past papers so the A should be secure :biggrin:
Reply 3
Good to know. Best of luck tomorrow
i hope it will be easier!!!!
Reply 5
Personally, I hope it will be harder.
In the calculator exam I got a bit panicky and didn't approach the questions as I should have; i started scrounging around for marks and kind of freaking out because I felt I wasn't getting anything right.

Tomorrow I'm going to be much more collected, and as I'm far better at the calculator paper than the non-calculator I'm sure i'll perform better too.

Harder test = lower grade boundaries so there's more room for error, plus if there are plenty of nasty A* questions in there that the people aiming for C's and D's have no idea how to go about the grade boundaries will slide further and further down :biggrin:

(maybe i'm a selfish bastard but I want my A* :tongue:)
Original post by Chubbiness
Personally, I hope it will be harder.
In the calculator exam I got a bit panicky and didn't approach the questions as I should have; i started scrounging around for marks and kind of freaking out because I felt I wasn't getting anything right.

Tomorrow I'm going to be much more collected, and as I'm far better at the calculator paper than the non-calculator I'm sure i'll perform better too.

Harder test = lower grade boundaries so there's more room for error, plus if there are plenty of nasty A* questions in there that the people aiming for C's and D's have no idea how to go about the grade boundaries will slide further and further down :biggrin:

(maybe i'm a selfish bastard but I want my A* :tongue:)

when you put it like that i want the test to be harder!:wink:
Reply 7
Original post by flower123456
when you put it like that i want the test to be harder!:wink:

totally agree
i hope trig questions come up! practised loads for them and their easy
Original post by camblacks
totally agree

konwing my luck it wont be!!

(hertfordshire buddies):biggrin:
Reply 10
i actually havn't done any revision for this :s-smilie: i'm just praying that all the paper we did in class will get me through...

Quick Reply

Latest