The Student Room Group

Choosing where to apply (yes yet another thread)

Okay so for 2012 entry, I want to apply for Computer Science.

I'm likely to apply for Oxford (Cambridge is possible) so because of my college's internal deadlines will need to get my Uni application in by mid September.

Therefore I'm trying to nail down where I might want to apply as early as possible.

I quite fancy a fairly strongly mathematical, academic course. Other places (highly rated for CS) I'm considering are Imperial, Southampton, Bristol and Edinburgh. Are there any other places that people think I've been stupid to miss out on this top-fliers list?

But I'm aware, that I probably want to apply to one place (out of my five) that isn't going to be quite so selective, because I don't think I'm going to struggle to get the grades, the issue is more likely to be if they give me an offer in the first place! So can anyone suggest a few places that still have mathematical, academic style courses, but that are less selective and have an offer lower than AAA?
Reply 1
www.ukcoursefinder.com use the power search. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Reply 3
York has a really good course, and gave me an AAB offer for 2011 entry. They may or may not have upped it for 2012, though. But it is a very nice campus and university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending