The Student Room Group

how to open the CD?please help!!

how to open the edexcel c3 CD?can anyone help me.please......
Reply 1
Remove packaging? Not sure what your issue is. Go to my computer and click it maybe?
Reply 2
It seems that u need the software
Do you have flash player installed in your PC???
Reply 4
i almost laughed at the title...before i saw the forum it was posted in.

By the way...when you put in the CD doesnt it automatically give a dialogue box to install it?
Reply 5
no
Reply 6
Ah of course those Edexcel discs tend to be a pain in the neck.
If you want the solutions to the book questions, browse the CD and go through the folders till you find a folder called "sb". Inside this folder you should find a file called C3.xml which you can open in Internet Explorer (not any other browser; as I said it's a pain in the neck).
If you want anything else I can't really tell because I don't have them discs at hand right now. Just try browsing the CD because everything should be in there.
Reply 7
And also you don't need any software apart from Internet Explorer. Other browsers tend to give an error.
double click "LivePlayer" Once you open the contents of the CD from My Computer Or wherever.

That's what I do....
Original post by cie6868
And also you don't need any software apart from Internet Explorer. Other browsers tend to give an error.

Yesss.....

Internet Explorer is **** and slow. It makes me use it or tells me to GTFO.

:rolleyes:
Reply 10
Original post by cie6868
Ah of course those Edexcel discs tend to be a pain in the neck.
If you want the solutions to the book questions, browse the CD and go through the folders till you find a folder called "sb". Inside this folder you should find a file called C3.xml which you can open in Internet Explorer (not any other browser; as I said it's a pain in the neck).
If you want anything else I can't really tell because I don't have them discs at hand right now. Just try browsing the CD because everything should be in there.

C3.xml > Right click > Open with ... > Browse the directories to find your favourite browser's .exe file in C:\My Programs or wherever > ??? > Profit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending