The Student Room Group

The Super Duper UK Public Transport Question Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sem193
Hey guys, I have a question. I have a flight from Madrid to Liverpool Airport which is scheduled to arrived at 18:25 that day. I then have to catch a train to Wolverhampton and was looking at train tickets from Liverpool South Parkway to Wolverhampton. I want to book the train that leaves at 19:44 from Liverpool South Parkway. Do you think that's enough time to get my luggage, catch the bus and make it to Liverpool South Parkway?
Probably not. Small airports can have longer immigration queues and baggage handling times can always **** you over. You'll then have to wait for the bus and the bus will have to get there. Have you considered using London Midland to get to wolverhampton?
Hi, can someone please tell me how train passes work, i know for busses you can get a unirider which is cheaper than buying a weekly ticket of £13 but for train how does it work and are there monthly or yearly passes i can buy so its cheaper to get to my university?
Reply 602
All you need is a good coach comparison site. Check out Getwayz. It's a free coach comparison site but make sure you click on the calendar search, it finds fares that are as low as £1. Hope this helped!
Very nice share the information!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for your help man..........
Original post by EllieOmighty
Hi! I have applied for a 3 year 16-25 railway card, and i will be studying in london for the next 3 years. My question is should i link the railway card to a normal oyster card or a 18+ student card? whats the difference? Thanks :smile:

PS: i live quite close to my uni, so i won't need it everyday, only when i go out on the weekend perhaps?

I'd link the 16-25 with your oyster card, because then you will then get a 1/3 off Oyster fares too.

Oyster is valid on all bus, rail, tube, dlr and overground services in London so is definitely worth getting anyway, even if you won't need it everyday.

Original post by ryukis215
Hi, can someone please tell me how train passes work, i know for busses you can get a unirider which is cheaper than buying a weekly ticket of £13 but for train how does it work and are there monthly or yearly passes i can buy so its cheaper to get to my university?
For rail passes you can get weekly, monthly, 6-monthly or annual passes, which are valid between any two stations at any time. Which journey would you be making (between which stations) and how often?
(edited 8 years ago)
Hello guys, I have a question and I might seem stupid. When booking a train from Thornaby in Stockton on Tees to go to Newcastle Airport it says 1 change all the versions of tickes available, does that mean the I will need to switch trains or that ''1'' mean only one train. Thank you!
Original post by Iulia Petrescu
Hello guys, I have a question and I might seem stupid. When booking a train from Thornaby in Stockton on Tees to go to Newcastle Airport it says 1 change all the versions of tickes available, does that mean the I will need to switch trains or that ''1'' mean only one train. Thank you!

I'm guessing your ticket covers both national rail and metro? Cause you'll have to change at Newcastle central for the metro in order to get to the airport.
Original post by Llamageddon
Probably not. Small airports can have longer immigration queues and baggage handling times can always **** you over. You'll then have to wait for the bus and the bus will have to get there. Have you considered using London Midland to get to wolverhampton?

Although not obviously not an airport, I've always found that the immigration queues at the Port Of Hull were VERY long! :colonhash:
I usually use national rail for cheap tickets

Quick Reply

Latest