The Student Room Group

AQA FP3 exam 16/06/11

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ButchP
I got A=0 and B = 6 :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Same thing depending on where you A and B went. If your B was on e^(x) not e^(-x)
then B=0 and A=6. If other way round then B=6.

For the integrating factor did yous get something like
ysin(x)=2sin^3(x)/3+1/6

And also for one of the differential equations where they tell you to find particular integrals, did youget y=-2+3xe^(2x) or was it e^(x) not sure. But PI none the less
Reply 41
Original post by bham666
Exactly what I got. Finished the whole paper in 35mins (no kidding), Was so chuffed. Got to check over paper a couple of times. Last polar quesTion I got pi/2-3root(3)/4.

Any confirmations on that ;o. It was C1 - C2 because previously you showed point A on C1 was further than point B on C2 at pi/4.

And to find P all you had to do was
2sin(x)=tan(x)
2sin(x)=sin(x)/cos(x)
from here x=0 so you proved it crossed at pole
and carrying on sin(x) cancells so you get cos(x)=1/2
x=pi/3

For first question, i cant remember properly but did you all get 1.5... something like that. The Euler thing

yeah I finished it really quick too! i got pi/2 - 3root(3)/4 aswell an i also got 1.5 something for the euler one. although, i seem to remember putting the g.s answers as cx^3/3 +cx +x^2 + d, (i use c and d rather then A and B)...so how many marks do you rekon i would get for putting that instead of cx^4/4?
Reply 42
Original post by bham666
Same thing depending on where you A and B went. If your B was on e^(x) not e^(-x)
then B=0 and A=6. If other way round then B=6.

For the integrating factor did yous get something like
ysin(x)=2sin^3(x)/3+1/6

And also for one of the differential equations where they tell you to find particular integrals, did youget y=-2+3xe^(2x) or was it e^(x) not sure. But PI none the less

Yeah i got the same for the particular integral cant remember what the powers were either but the constants I got were that same

That makes me feel a lot better.. that limit bit confused me!
Reply 43
You wouldnt lose many marks, as long as you showed examiner where you were going and how you got there. 1-2. No problem ^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending