The Student Room Group

Philosophy applicants for 2012 entry!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by susie27
Hi guys :smile:

I got a conditional from Queens for Philosophy, has anyone else applied there?

Queens Belfast...?
Reply 461
Original post by electric-wars
Congratulations! When did you apply if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks! :smile: I applied in october.. I take it you have applied to kcl, what to study?
Reply 462
Original post by jacksonriddle

SO.
got another offer from york, but they raised their entry requirements so they're asking for more than edinburgh. i think i'm sticking with edinburgh.
waiting for heythrop and durham.
earlier this week i got to meet peter vardy and had a whole day of philosophy lectures - UH-MAZING.

if you don't mind me asking, what was your offer from york? x
Reply 463

Original post by REHW
Queens Belfast...?

Yep
Original post by sarah_sar
if you don't mind me asking, what was your offer from york? x

35 IB points. they initially asked for 34 but after i applied they changed it to 35. gutted really because i guess it closes that option down.
i belive that's AAB in a level terms.
im genuinely very pleased that i got the offer though, because it meant i achieved my goal in writing a joint honours statement that managed to come off as single honours :biggrin:
Original post by Rhia23
Thanks! :smile: I applied in october.. I take it you have applied to kcl, what to study?

I applied for single honours philosophy, how about you?
I guess I'll probably have to wait until after the new year to hear from them, but I'm sure it will be worth it :smile:
Reply 466
Yay kings : DDD
i've applied to both and have heard nothing
ARGGGGGGGHHHHHH. ieiofioewfhahuhuhougouwgrouheougourgw all my friends have offers! :K:
im so worried it's because they dislike my statement.
noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! what have i doneeeeeee....

Don't stress! Everyone hears back at different times!! :smile:
Reply 468
Just got a conditional from Durham. Much happiness :smile:
Reply 469
Original post by Vestada
Just got a conditional from Durham. Much happiness :smile:

Congratulations - delighted for you !

Could I check if you're an International applicant or a UK one?
Reply 470
When does UCL usually start giving offers?? : p Feb?
i have ucl left to here from...
Reply 471
Original post by roxypd
Congratulations - delighted for you !

Could I check if you're an International applicant or a UK one?

Thanks. I'm a home applicant. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll hear soon. I heard of someone who got their offer about two weeks ago and I had almost given up hope until mine came yesterday. Seems like the Philosophy offers are really spread out.
Reply 472
Offer from Durham for philosophy. :biggrin:
Reply 473
Original post by Vestada
Thanks. I'm a home applicant. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll hear soon. I heard of someone who got their offer about two weeks ago and I had almost given up hope until mine came yesterday. Seems like the Philosophy offers are really spread out.

Thanks !
conditional offer from Sussex :smile:
Reply 475
I applied for single honours philosophy, how about you?
I guess I'll probably have to wait until after the new year to hear from them, but I'm sure it will be worth it :smile:

I applied for Philosophy, Religion and Ethics :smile: Yeah I would have thought you will have to wait till after the Christmas period now.. Good luck! Let me know the outcome :smile:
Reply 476
Conditional offers from Sussex, uea and reading now! Just waiting on QUB and NOttingham!
Conditional from York, Liverpool, Reading and Oxford Brookes. Just waiting on Durham now but I doubt I'll get one from there.
Original post by DemolitionLovers
Conditional from York, Liverpool, Reading and Oxford Brookes. Just waiting on Durham now but I doubt I'll get one from there.

Congratulations! Is York your top choice? I might see you there :smile:
Congratulations! Is York your top choice? I might see you there :smile:

Thank you :biggrin: and yes it is. Yay :biggrin: it'd be good to have a few friendly faces there!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending