The Student Room Group

OCR Law A2-Special study!

Hey!

Does anyone who has done/is doing A2 law know the right amount of cases to cite in Q2 (the 34 marker) in the special study paper (cases not already in the sources).

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
I did A2 last year.

From my experience, there is no "right amount" of cases - Just worry about getting them in the right places. Don't try and overload the paper but include as many relevent cases as you can.
Also, a good trick I was taught, is underlining all the cases you cite too.

Worked for me.. I got an A*
Reply 2
Hi, I do Tort A2 and will be doing the special study next week.

The cases I use are:
Assault
Read v Coker
Tuberville v Savage
R v Burstow/ Ireland
Thomas V NUM

Battery
Scott v Shepherd
Wilson v Pringle
Re:F
Lane v Hollaway

False Imprisonment
Bird v Jones
Herring v Boyle
Robinson v Balmain Ferry
White v W P Brown

I hope this is the special study your doing:L if you need any help quote me or whatever
Reply 3
hi
im taking this paper as a private candidate. G154 special study on criminal law. i have my exam next friday. could anyone please tell me what i need to revise for the exam, im assuming its just involuntary manslaughter?
Reply 4
Original post by JEMSB12
Hey!

Does anyone who has done/is doing A2 law know the right amount of cases to cite in Q2 (the 34 marker) in the special study paper (cases not already in the sources).

Im not sure how many other cases you should use but the examiners report on the January exam stated that in order to achieve the level 5 descriptor you would need to cite 8 of the cases within the pre-release. In general I would say whenever you make a legal point, try and support it with a case. You certainly shouldn't give numerous examples of cases for one legal point as you'll waste too much time and probably wont get rewarded.
Reply 5
Original post by JEMSB12
Hey!

It's a mininum of 8 cases to get a decent grade.
Hey, I'm new to TSR so I have no clue how to create a new thread on here, so I'll tag my question on here. Sorry in advance its just that I'm in panic mode as I'm completely unprepared for this exam next thursday to the extent that I can only get a C on the first question and just don't know what to do for last minute revision. Of course I'll correct my answer according to my teachers notes and about to just revise the topic, but with regards to answering questions to the A grade I'd need to get a B overall, I'm hopeless. If you could give me any help I'd be really grateful

Quick Reply

Latest