The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Also is there a way of increasing height a couple of inches at the age of 18 ?

Nutrition wise or exercises or anything like that?
There will always be someone worse.
At first it might be a little weird for very few people but if they're smart, they'll get over it :smile:
You never know, there might be someone who's 5'6!

Regarding exercise, I heard basketball really helps with increasing exercise
And regarding nutrition, I think protein helps in that
(edited 12 years ago)
actually it's 170cm. If you're 174cm, you're a little over 5'8!

5'7 is perfectly fine though, don't worry about it. =D
Reply 4
Original post by Echoing Dogs
actually it's 170cm. If you're 174cm, you're a little over 5'8!

5'7 is perfectly fine though, don't worry about it. =D

Sorry, I know my cm size only. It's definitely 173 cm. I think I got it wrong. It's actually 5.7 ft not 5 ft 7.

So 5.7ft = 5 ft 8 in.

Sorry for the confusion.
Reply 5
It depends on your personality, one of my exes was like 5'6" but one of the most popular people in the year-he was very charismatic.

If you're not too proud to do it, thre is a type of yoga which stimulates growth, (about 2 inches, it's no miracle but still a difference). Not sure what it is called but I am sure you can find it with a search engine.
Reply 6
At 18 your growth plates are likely closed.
Also height is relative so you can't say is X short.It depends compared to Shaquille O'Neil? Yes. Compared to Hornswaggle? No.
Anyhow back to topic, short of high dosage of HGH in case your growth plates may be closed trying to increase your height will be futil at this point.I suggest you hit the gym get some muscles and stretch well it will help your posture.

If all else fails google tall men shoes.
Reply 7
Original post by QuirkyDoDo
It depends on your personality, one of my exes was like 5'6" but one of the most popular people in the year-he was very charismatic.

If you're not too proud to do it, thre is a type of yoga which stimulates growth, (about 2 inches, it's no miracle but still a difference). Not sure what it is called but I am sure you can find it with a search engine.

yoga shmoga.Do you realise yoga is just stretching with a fancy name.
Reply 8
If anyone comments, just say, "the inches I'm missing are in my trousers."

Then whip out that giant dairy milk bar from your trouser pocket.

:ahee:
Reply 9
Being left out for your height is silly, no worries.
Original post by QuirkyDoDo

5'7" is quite clearly unacceptable.
but look, heres' the good news, there are women who will overlook your shortness, and probably most of the time you too!!
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry, I know my cm size only. It's definitely 173 cm. I think I got it wrong. It's actually 5.7 ft not 5 ft 7.

So 5.7ft = 5 ft 8 in.

Sorry for the confusion.

Then 5'8 is really not too far below average. Apparently I'm average and I'm 5'10 but I think our generation's a little above that. =P Just relax, height won't affect you socially.
OK height :smile: Only slightly below average.

Regular stretches of your hamstrings and lower back may help you gain an inch or two over time. Other than that, high energy sports like basketball and athletics (especially jump events) will help, as well as eating good healthy food!
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
Also is there a way of increasing height a couple of inches at the age of 18 ?

Nutrition wise or exercises or anything like that?

probably not.

but growth can continue up until your early 20#s in some people. ensure you get plenty of exercise and have plenty of nutrition.
Yes the short police will take you short(l)y.
Reply 15
height won't be a problem unless your a dwarf :/
Reply 16
Original post by tufc
Yes, it's too short.
You are inadequate, you will never succeed in life. Why not just top yourself now?
:fuhrer:

I was waiting for a comment like that. :smile:
Reply 17
Wear elevator shoes.
Reply 18
Original post by u mad bro?
Wear elevator shoes.

I can't wear them all the time can I?
Reply 19
I'm 19 and about 5 ft 6 and no-one at university ever mentions my height.

I think we make a big deal about it in our minds but in reality people don't treat us differently.

Latest

Trending

Trending