The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Is that too short for a male? I mean not in terms of finding a girlfriend, but rather in social life wise?

Is it more difficult to make friends and engage with others?

Would I be seen as "the little one" and be often left out at uni especially?

It's not too short.
I'm 5"9 176cm but I sometimes say I'm 5"10 :ahee: because no one will notice. But I am a little jealous of taller people just a little I think I'm a good height tho and there's nothing else wrong with me I can make friends just as easily.
hitler was the same height, tufc, you numpty
Reply 23
Is that too short for a male? I mean not in terms of finding a girlfriend, but rather in social life wise?

ERM no.

Count yourself lucky. 3 of my friends are 5ft5!!
Original post by tufc
Yes, it's too short.
You are inadequate, you will never succeed in life. Why not just top yourself now?
:fuhrer:
hitler was the same height, tufc, you numpty!
You didn't mentioned what race are you, I'm asian and I'm 175 cm. people say I'm average in school for asian.
:angry:Aaand here I am at 5.3...
Original post by steve steve
hitler was the same height, tufc, you numpty!

Yeah but he lost in the end...

If only if had had a couple of extra inches :moon:

Spoiler

height varies from country to country. in the U.S average male height is currently listed at 5'9". If 5'8" is short then 5'10" must be tall- which it isnt
I'm over 6 ft and I find it hard to socialize. Being tall isn't some magic win button.
Original post by yo radical one

Spoiler

very freudian comment. where would you like the extra inches?
very freudian comment. where would you like the extra inches?

This makes me think actually

Imagine if Hitler had met with Sigmund Freud and he had had him on the couch (so to speak :colondollar:), that would be so incredible

Spoiler

and as for hitler losing the war, consider this stament by Heiner Muller: "There is no answer to Auschwitz..."
Reply 33
5 ft 8 is pretty decent, don't worry. Anyone who treats you differently for your height difference (esp yours which is only slightly below average) is stupid. :rolleyes:
This makes me think actually

Imagine if Hitler had met with Sigmund Freud and he had had him on the couch (so to speak :colondollar:), that would be so incredible

vienna was a small city it seems because if you check you will find that as a boy hitler was referred to freud for behavioural problems but his mother would not allow it
vienna was a small city it seems because if you check you will find that as a boy hitler was referred to freud for behavioural problems but his mother would not allow it

That would have been so delicious it's unreal

also hitler attended the same school as another famous jew, Wittgenstein. there is a school photo of them if you want to search
5'11" masterrace checking in.

We look down on people like you OP :cool:

lol but seriously though no one will leave you out for your height. Obviously everyone will notice how short you are though, but doubt anyone will mention it or care. Only potential gfs and one night stands will care.
Atleast people can call you shawty :biggrin:
Reply 39
Like many have said before, any woman who cares enough about your height for it to be a dealbreaker is not one worth being with. Weeding out all the idiots before you make a connection with them is a good thing OP.

Latest

Trending

Trending