The Student Room Group

PWC internship

Hey
I filled in the online application form for PWC and sent it back last week. They emailed me today and want me to fill in the 'career focus' questions again- these are:
1) Why am I interested in the particular service line I've applied for? What do I think a role in it would involve?(Tax)
2) What steps I have taken to clarify my career choice?

I thought I'd answered these questions OK, but they want me to answer them again!! I have no idea what to put at all, and the worst thing is, they're only 75 words, which seems no way enough to answer them properly.
On my original application, I wrote that a career in tax involves create thinking with numbers, and how I thought my particular skills were suitable for this.
My question is, how do you say what a role in tax would involve without just quoting the website? :confused: And in only 75 words too!
On the 2nd question, what are you supposed to say?? Does anyone know what they are actually looking for from questions like this?
Thanks so so much if you can help me!
Reply 1
Hi there,
Im having interview with PwC soon in Assurance. So i dont have much clue abt Tax but basically:

Q1: Rephrase in your own words with reference to information about Tax in the website or what you know abt it from your friends or some1 u talked to previously. --> "What do I think a role in it would involve"
"Why am I interested in the particular service line I've applied " <- this is more personal and specific which u need to put some thoughts. In Assurance I will say bcoz of: clients exposure when I spend 3/4 of my time with clients; unique opportunity to understand a particular business thoroughly (you coudnt audit a company without indepth understanding abt their business), professional qualification..etc.

Q2: Just try to tell them in a simple and honest way why u chose Tax. For me: because of my course at uni; bcuz of ppl I talked to; bcoz of all the stories in the FT, the Economist; Bcuz of previous work experience (if you do have one). THey just want to test your genuine interest...so dont say st: Im applying for this bcuz my friend is,too!!! :biggrin: :flute: :juggle:

Hope this helps.

dancingqueen
Hey
I filled in the online application form for PWC and sent it back last week. They emailed me today and want me to fill in the 'career focus' questions again- these are:
1) Why am I interested in the particular service line I've applied for? What do I think a role in it would involve?(Tax)
2) What steps I have taken to clarify my career choice?

I thought I'd answered these questions OK, but they want me to answer them again!! I have no idea what to put at all, and the worst thing is, they're only 75 words, which seems no way enough to answer them properly.
On my original application, I wrote that a career in tax involves create thinking with numbers, and how I thought my particular skills were suitable for this.
My question is, how do you say what a role in tax would involve without just quoting the website? :confused: And in only 75 words too!
On the 2nd question, what are you supposed to say?? Does anyone know what they are actually looking for from questions like this?
Thanks so so much if you can help me!

Latest

Trending

Trending