The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Scroll to see replies

so that's why Pete Doherty isn't at SOAS...
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Reply 21
I think SOAS should start banning everything that is right and wrong.
define 'right' and 'wrong'?

you are talking about statistical abnormality, or a social one?
Reply 23
social problems cause those practically are things which really boring people do....so they should start making our lives a little interesting.....and then the boring ppl will become interesting and they wnt do do drugs...bottomline: Really yuck ppl do drugs!
ehtical
social problems cause those practically are things which really boring people do....so they should start making our lives a little interesting.....and then the boring ppl will become interesting and they wnt do do drugs...bottomline: Really yuck ppl do drugs!

wha?

can you translate that into english please?

why would you want to ban the drugs (i think you mean illegal drugs, not benzodiazepines) ??? they ARE the things that make 'our lives' interesting.
Reply 25
not really.....u wanna wat makes life interesting...sitting under the night sky(with some beer)....climbing the mountain and looking at the never ending horizon ......and oh yeah having all you want....
what if i wanna drugs?

what if i've had a lobotomy? surely i wouldn't care much after about interesting 'things'... i wouldn't care about much at all to be honest.
Reply 27
I long for a reply or any type of correspondence from SOAS! There has been nothing for what seems like forever!!!!!

its Jan they should be shipping out offers!!

Hurry up!!!! :confused:
Reply 28
yoga!
ehtical

Is English a second language for you ?
If so, you should so some remedial English lessons.
i love yoga.
ofholyname
I long for a reply or any type of correspondence from SOAS! There has been nothing for what seems like forever!!!!!

its Jan they should be shipping out offers!!

Hurry up!!!! :confused:

i'm in the exact same situation as you, they're driving me crazy :mad:
they are waiting for all applications to filter through, so that they get the best students...
Reply 33
damn them.
yeh DAMN THEM :mad: ........ :biggrin:
I've started to formulate a bearable plan B, in case i don't get an offer.
my life is going in one of two very different directions, and i really hope it's SOAS.
^^ shitttt i feel exactly the same way. i know i'll get an offer from soas but just in case ive got a backup plan
Reply 37
What are these back-up plans :confused: Exoskeletal: I Clicked the Face, your background looks very similar to mine :biggrin: . I am also looking to go into foreign diplomacy!

Piers.
the back up plan so far:
if i get no offer, I'll write to soas to ask if it because i'm underqualified. if that is not the case (I'm pretty much solid straight A's) then i reapply to soas for 2007.
in the meantime i go to japan to work (again) and earn some cash, then maybe singapore. perhaps even hong kong. will see how work goes.
come home, then go to India for a few months, for a mixture of reflection, self-discovery, partying and most importantly volunteering. perhaps think about other degrees i could do. (PPE? sociology? international relations? russian?)

but, I'd rather go to soas.

Piers, what have you applied to study?
Reply 39
I've applied for Chinese at SOAS. Im also greatly interested in the subjects you mentioned at the end there, but im trying to stay focused! My back up plan is something similar (though im not hedging all my bets on SOAS) except that it will revolve around China:smile:. Out of curiosity which languages can you speak and to what kind of level, especially Japanese? Your application seems very strong indeed, especially with all the travelling, I can't see them refusing you!

Piers.

Latest

Trending

Trending