The Student Room Group

The 2011 Undergraduate Chat Thread Mk. V

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Loz17
(I hate hashtags so I use commands instead :awesome:)

Me too, but I can't use them any more
Original post by + polarity -
I woke up at that time too. :facepalm2:

:five:
Original post by Loz17
You got to bed late, and tbh who wouldn't want to sleep for ages in that amazing bed of yours :coma:

/soundssowrong

(I hate hashtags so I use commands instead :awesome:)

hmmmm :sly:
Me too, but I can't use them any more

oh yh got the htc one x :adore: maaan ive been missing out :colonhash:
Original post by flowermaster91
oh yh got the htc one x :adore: maaan ive been missing out :colonhash:

omdzzzzz :sogood: :dice:

I don't even know if I can recommend anything to you, the Onex is just in another league compared to my Hero!

Maybe you should post in the Android society :yep:

Woah, as soon as I had typed A, I started typing out Arduino :s-smilie: /obsession
mikeyd85
!

Hey Mikey, I just noticed that my laptop has much worse latency than my desktop... would you recommend I get the ASIO4All drivers, if I'm going to be recording things (with Ableton)?
omdzzzzz :sogood: :dice:

I don't even know if I can recommend anything to you, the Onex is just in another league compared to my Hero!

Maybe you should post in the Android society :yep:

Woah, as soon as I had typed A, I started typing out Arduino :s-smilie: /obsession

Hmmm I already lurk there :ninja: I'll think about it , thanks :biggrin:
Hey Mikey, I just noticed that my laptop has much worse latency than my desktop... would you recommend I get the ASIO4All drivers, if I'm going to be recording things (with Ableton)?

Yeah man, that'll sort out most of the issue, if not all of it.

Of course, an external audio interface with a preamp in is going to make a world of difference with regard to quality.
Original post by mikeyd85
Yeah man, that'll sort out most of the issue, if not all of it.

Of course, an external audio interface with a preamp in is going to make a world of difference with regard to quality.

Thanks!

Well... I think my bass has a pre-amp... would that help?

I am also going to test using my (guitar) pedal between my bass and computer. I'm worried about the sampling though, because the pedal samples at 31.25kHz, and the laptop at 44.1kHz, could there be a problem there?
Thanks!

Well... I think my bass has a pre-amp... would that help?

I am also going to test using my (guitar) pedal between my bass and computer. I'm worried about the sampling though, because the pedal samples at 31.25kHz, and the laptop at 44.1kHz, could there be a problem there?

:lolwut:

Acoustic bass? Or active pickups?

You should be fine with that, though I'm not sure about guitar pedals processing bass signals. You'd be better off with virtual effects applied by your computer - ie like Gearbox does with Line 6 interfaces.
Original post by mikeyd85
:lolwut:

Acoustic bass? Or active pickups?

You should be fine with that, though I'm not sure about guitar pedals processing bass signals. You'd be better off with virtual effects applied by your computer - ie like Gearbox does with Line 6 interfaces.

My GSR 200 has something called Phat II EQ, which is an active bass boost. Some people say it's a preamp, the pickups are definitely passive, and I suppose it would explain why I can hear my bass if I plug my headphones directly into it :s-smilie:

Okay :yep: I'm using Ableton and... I don't know if it can apply live effects, but I'll experiment with it :p:
My GSR 200 has something called Phat II EQ, which is an active bass boost. Some people say it's a preamp, the pickups are definitely passive, and I suppose it would explain why I can hear my bass if I plug my headphones directly into it :s-smilie:

Okay :yep: I'm using Ableton and... I don't know if it can apply live effects, but I'll experiment with it :p:

Oooohhh.... fancy!

I've no experience what-so-ever with Ableton I'm afriad.
Hmmm I already lurk there :ninja: I'll think about it , thanks :biggrin:

Man getting banned from tc the other day. :rofl:
Original post by QwentyJ
Man getting banned from tc the other day. :rofl:

nah bruv, they unbanned me straight afterwards though :smug:

plus allow that one i was just gonna troll it on mic :jester:, failingatm's one is way better believe me :colonhash:
nah bruv, they unbanned me straight afterwards though :smug:

plus allow that one i was just gonna troll it on mic :jester:, failingatm's one is way better believe me :colonhash:

Haters are going to hate. If I wanted to witness a pantomime show, I'd go and see a Punch & Judy at my local beach! :nothing:
(edited 11 years ago)
:eyebrow:
Original post by QwentyJ
Haters are going to hate. If I wanted to witness a pantomime show, I'd go and see a Punch & Judy at my local beach! :nothing:

Errr no, your one is just dry :pierre:

although cally is kool to chat to :h:
:eyebrow:

hmmmm :holmes:

Quick Reply

Latest