The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Burkhardt House - University of Manchester Halls Review

Scroll to see replies

Original post by *Johanna*
I got allocated to Burkhardt House 1.04 .... Not really sure what to do either. Did u accept ? What room do u have ?

It means you're on the first floor :smile: congratulations, I'm sure it will be lovely and you shouldn't have most of the problems that the OP had, as they tended to be related to being below the ground level.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by *Johanna*
Thanks :smile: I have time till next Friday but since I'm not from the UK I'll probably accept it because it's way too complicated to look for private accomodation now, I guess ...

Also seems like all the other reviews about it seemed pretty positive. So I'll see you there I guess ! What course are you doing ?

Yeah well a lot of review I have read said that Burkhardt is good. But I had a bit of indecision a week ago when this review came up. But in the end I just went for it.

I will be studying Economics. Yourself?
Reply 22
Original post by the_neg_master_
Yeah well a lot of review I have read said that Burkhardt is good. But I had a bit of indecision a week ago when this review came up. But in the end I just went for it.

Same here . But I guess both of us arent in the below ground floor so I hope we'll be fine :smile:

I will do International Management with American Business Studies .
Burkhardt is an awesome hall, I lived there for a year.
Original post by ReddDraggon

oh woe.. thats a good start 4 the day... do you have any pictures of the room/hall? (inside burkhardt?) Thanks.
Reply 25
Original post by ReddDraggon

Relief :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by the_neg_master_

I just found a FB group for Burkhardt House

http://www.facebook.com/search.php?q=burkhardt+house&init=quick&tas=0.48151081940928414&ref=ts#!/home.php?sk=group_174904469236930
I've decided to analyse this in preparation for my English language exam. Absolute masterpiece.
Reply 28
wow that was some review. you got me worried. i have already accepted their offer. but i got a room at the third floor. can you please tell me if the state of the entire building is how you described your floor to be? or is it better up, furniture wise and the gender mix? thanks

hey~~I think you've been living in Burkhardt House for about a year. Is it a good place to live?
I'm a new student and just got the Burkhardt House offer, but not sure weather to accept it~Hope that you could help~~Thanks a lot~~:smile:
Reply 30
Original post by mjb01
wow that was some review. you got me worried. i have already accepted their offer. but i got a room at the third floor. can you please tell me if the state of the entire building is how you described your floor to be? or is it better up, furniture wise and the gender mix? thanks

Burkhardt should be fine :smile: that review is from quite a while ago. I read it before I moved to Hulme and was like ****, this is gonna be awful, but it wasn't. In the end I lived in Hulme because I wanted catered, but all my friends in Burkhardt really enjoyed it! Don't worry. Especially on the third floor you'll be fine. Except the stairs might do your head in, walking up and down them every day aha! :smile:

I stayed in Burkhardt for a weekend for part of a summer school and I never had any problems. The rooms are fairly sized, the bathrooms are small, but it's nice having the en-suite and the kitchens weren't brand new, but they were certainly fine for student halls. The furniture was also perfectly fine. There were comfy chairs and then also a dining table and dining chairs. I actually really enjoyed staying in Burkhardt :smile:

And to everyone above, don't worry! I think they've fixed it up a bit now :smile:

Loved the review though, hilarious!! :smile:
Reply 31
Oh, also, if you're coming to Burkhardt, the new Facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HHBH2012/

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending