The Student Room Group

Mr M’s Edexcel GCSE Linear 1380 Foundation Tier Calculator Paper 2 Answers June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lovedealer

I did pretty well on this paper. Do you guys reckon that grade boundaries will be lower than November 2010 or higher I hope it's 147 for C or lower.

i might be i think i got 64 in the non calculator paper and 86 in the calculator so that 150/200 so i might pass.. you might as i was talking to the examier and he said that the non cal was hard and five questions were on higher paper(Non cal)
Reply 21
Original post by billybob

the bounderies are now set at 152 total for a C,

how do you know i think i will go down REMEMBER FIVE QUESTIONS ON THE NON CALCULATOR PAPER WERE ON THE HIGHER PAPER..... WERES YOU EVIDENCE..MATE
Original post by SamB11
Grade boundaries aren't normally set until all papers have been marked? Unless they had marked them all by Saturday..

That's what I thought. :s-smilie:
What have the boundaries been in the past?
Reply 23
Hey, is this the foundation mark scheme? Is there any way someone could link me to the higher :smile:

Thank you
Reply 24
Original post by I Persia I
That's what I thought. :s-smilie:
What have the boundaries been in the past?

Novembers boundary was 147 and that paper was easier looking at it.
Reply 25
i was in my maths tutors office when she phoned the exam board (or whoever it is that set the boundries) and they said the student needs to add both scores together and divide by two and hit 76 for a C, so 76*2= 152 and they promised her this is the case for this year.
Reply 26
Original post by Curtis1
i might be i think i got 64 in the non calculator paper and 86 in the calculator so that 150/200 so i might pass.. you might as i was talking to the examier and he said that the non cal was hard and five questions were on higher paper(Non cal)

Same story here mate, I probably got 60-65 for non calculator and 87-90 for calculator paper, thats my guess I could be wrong. At the end I hope that grade boundaries are low especially for non calculator. All we can do is wait and see. :wink:
Reply 27

Same story here mate, I probably got 60-65 for non calculator and 87-90 for calculator paper, thats my guess I could be wrong. At the end I hope that grade boundaries are low especially for non calculator. All we can do is wait and see. :wink:

yeah i hope so as I dont want to re take it in college its so looonggggg... and also i think they might lower the boundries by like 1-2 marks which could bring me,you closer to passing and as you know the first was so hard.. so they neeed to lower it.. if they dont trust thats UNFAIR.
Reply 28
Original post by Curtis1
yeah i hope so as I dont want to re take it in college its so looonggggg... and also i think they might lower the boundries by like 1-2 marks which could bring me,you closer to passing and as you know the first was so hard.. so they neeed to lower it.. if they dont trust thats UNFAIR.

Lool you have atleast got the chance to retake where as me my university place is at risk if I dont obtain c grade for maths gcse. I dislike maths lool
Reply 29

Lool you have atleast got the chance to retake where as me my university place is at risk if I dont obtain c grade for maths gcse. I dislike maths lool

I counted it again and I think I got 68 or 69 in the first paper and 83 or 84 I hope I pass its so important but what year you in 11 n university Isnt until 3 years mate.
Reply 30

i was in my maths tutors office when she phoned the exam board (or whoever it is that set the boundries) and they said the student needs to add both scores together and divide by two and hit 76 for a C, so 76*2= 152 and they promised her this is the case for this year.

WRONG!
Reply 31
I agree with Curtis.
Reply 32
so have the grade boundries been set then or not ??
If there 152 it doesnt look like ive passed with the crap paper we were giving on monday !
FML !
Reply 33
Original post by curtis1

Original post by curtis1
wrong!

i think your wrong mate the whole of england found paper 1 hard and also it was on the news.. So think about it ..... So many people have said that the boundries will go down so... Yeah.. I think it will.. And i think it will go down by around 2-5 marks..
Reply 34
im confused big style will someone PLEASE tell what the crack is ?
My uni offer depends on maths !
Reply 35
It was on the news?!?!
Reply 36
Original post by SamB11

Original post by SamB11
It was on the news?!?!

are you taking to me.? if you are yes it was my mum told me people from the uk got interviewed..
Reply 37
Original post by Curtis1

Original post by Curtis1
are you taking to me.? if you are yes it was my mum told me people from the uk got interviewed..

One how well the exam went.
Reply 38
Oh right would of been good to see on article lol.
Reply 39
LOOOL . but the grade boundaries for a c should go down dont you think especially as the paper was hard and also there were 5 questions on the non calculator paper which were on the higher tier it should decrease by 2-5 dont you think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending