The Student Room Group

GCSE Geography Edexcel B - Dynamic Planet

I have a geograhy exam on the upcoming monday and need some past paper materials for dynamic planet. Does anybody have any useful resources please?
Reply 1
I also need some help. I'm not expecting great results as i haven't done any revision. Maybe someone can help?
Reply 2
I am planning to revise the 6 topics tomorrow but I need some past papers to pratice from.
Reply 3
Original post by 3only
I am planning to revise the 6 topics tomorrow but I need some past papers to pratice from.
The only past paper for this syllabus is the sample paper. Not sure how different the previous geography spec was.

Edit: Anyway, I don't know about you guys, but what I'm doing is just making quick and concise notes under each of the 6 topics that make up physical geography.

I've done 4 of them just today, two pages each, so it's easily do-able. Plus, you can skim over them on Monday when the exam comes. I suppose I'll do the same for human geography, except maybe not since it is way easier than physical and I am extremely lazy.
(edited 12 years ago)
I have uploaded the paper 1 higher tier 2010. http://anyhub.net/file/389T-paper1high2010.pdf
Reply 5
How did the Geography exam go, guys?!
Reply 6
it went alright......for the water management project i wrote about the biosand filter.....would that be correct?
Reply 7
I wrote about the Three Gorges Dam In China...
Reply 8
If I post the questions do people want to say what they put? They probably aren't worded right but it could help jog your memory :smile:

1.a. Why were these countries so badly affected by the earthquake? (2)
b. How could countries prepare for a volcano? (2)
c. Explain how a volcano can occur on a constructive or destructive plate boundary (4)
2.a. Label the 2 gases in the bar chart. (2)
b. Describe a possible impact of climate change on a named country. (2)
c. Explain how previous climate change affected people and ecosystems, for example the Little Ice Age. (4)
3.a. How has the deforestation of Rondonia changed over time? (2)
b. How can the biosphere be conserved? (2)
c. How do precipitation and temperature affect biome distribution? (4)
4.a. Describe water access in South America. (2)
b. Explain how a water project has helped to benefit local people in a named example. (2)
c. Explain how water is transferred from land to the atmosphere in the hydrological cycle. (4)

Optional Section: I did coasts and oceans
5a. Name these 3 water movements (3)
b. Explain how erosion leads to coastal retreat (6)
7.a. Describe how the number of tuna has changed over time. (3)
b. Explain how climate change can disrupt marine ecosystems. (6)
Reply 9
Original post by RebeccaLM
If I post the questions do people want to say what they put? They probably aren't worded right but it could help jog your memory :smile:

1.a. Why were these countries so badly affected by the earthquake? (2)
b. How could countries prepare for a volcano? (2)
c. Explain how a volcano can occur on a constructive or destructive plate boundary (4)
2.a. Label the 2 gases in the bar chart. (2)
b. Describe a possible impact of climate change on a named country. (2)
c. Explain how previous climate change affected people and ecosystems, for example the Little Ice Age. (4)
3.a. How has the deforestation of Rondonia changed over time? (2)
b. How can the biosphere be conserved? (2)
c. How do precipitation and temperature affect biome distribution? (4)
4.a. Describe water access in South America. (2)
b. Explain how a water project has helped to benefit local people in a named example. (2)
c. Explain how water is transferred from land to the atmosphere in the hydrological cycle. (4)

Optional Section: I did coasts and oceans
5a. Name these 3 water movements (3)
b. Explain how erosion leads to coastal retreat (6)
7.a. Describe how the number of tuna has changed over time. (3)
b. Explain how climate change can disrupt marine ecosystems. (6)

This wasn;t too bad actually:smile: No case studies on the bigger mark questions yay!
Reply 10
Original post by shelcin
This wasn;t too bad actually:smile: No case studies on the bigger mark questions yay!

I was really surprised that the case studies were only worth 2 marks, it made learning all the facts seem a bit pointless. It was much more explanation of processes really. Do you want to both post our answers so we can compare?
Reply 11
Ill post mine too! :smile:..Btw for the Water Managment Project I WROTE FKIN WATER AID!!! WOULD THAT BE CORRECT?>?????
Reply 12
Whoever is TAKING GEOGRAPHY EDEXCEL B GCSE UNIT 1 DYNAMIC PLANET EXAM ON MONDAY GO TO THIS THREAD! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1675660
Reply 13
Original post by king101
Ill post mine too! :smile:..Btw for the Water Managment Project I WROTE FKIN WATER AID!!! WOULD THAT BE CORRECT?>?????

I wouldn't know because it's a different case study to ones I did, nonetheless it sounds perfectly ok :smile:

My answers were something along the lines of:

Spoiler

Original post by king101
Whoever is TAKING GEOGRAPHY EDEXCEL B GCSE UNIT 1 DYNAMIC PLANET EXAM ON MONDAY GO TO THIS THREAD! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1675660

I don't think this is the same exam because mine was only physical and there was no 'urban' part.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending