Reply 60
for the shares question i did:

(100+x)/100 = (600-5x)/50x
50x(100+x) = 100(600-5x)
50x^2+5000x = 60000-500x
50x^2+4500x-60000 = 0
x^2+90x-1200=0

i'll get all the marks right?
Yay! Got around 97% in my second paper (if I remember my answers correcctly).
Reply 62
Original post by rottmaster25

Oh sweet man. 97% is a fantastic score. =D
Reply 63

Same! That's awesome :biggrin: where did you lose your 3 marks?
Will the A* boundary be higher than 85 would anyone say???? i know they were easy but surely not above 85 easy?
thanks, and many thanks to the poster of the papers!!!
Last question.
I had the right concept, just did the working out wrong. Instead of making it to be 5 parts (eg. 1/5), I did 1/4 instead...
Original post by student2221
Will the A* boundary be higher than 85 would anyone say???? i know they were easy but surely not above 85 easy?
thanks, and many thanks to the poster of the papers!!!

Doubt it.
I didn't think the papers were easy. They took TONS of brain cells on my part!!
I'm just praying the examiner can see my pencil markings in the perpendicular bisector question.....eek
Reply 68
Original post by jammyeast
any idea for the A grade boundaries mate?

around mid 60s :smile:
Reply 69
Last question.
I had the right concept, just did the working out wrong. Instead of making it to be 5 parts (eg. 1/5), I did 1/4 instead...

Argh, I remember doing that in my mock and getting really annoyed with myself afterwards! I did the function question wrong, the gf(a)=3 one. It was 4 but I got 2.5 because I worked out the value of gf(3) because I'm stupid like that. ^^
Reply 70
cheers mate, just wondering about 15 c) would p squared + 5r squared be alright? and for 23 would root 50 be okay for the value of k?
Reply 71
I'm just praying the examiner can see my pencil markings in the perpendicular bisector question.....eek

SAME.
Original post by maramore
Argh, I remember doing that in my mock and getting really annoyed with myself afterwards! I did the function question wrong, the gf(a)=3 one. It was 4 but I got 2.5 because I worked out the value of gf(3) because I'm stupid like that. ^^

Ah yeah!! That was a tricky one!
I had to double check loads of my answers, and found out I did some really stupid careless things in my exam..
Reply 73

I did the same. I doubt we would get any marks for it.
Reply 74
Original post by olivers16
I did the same. I doubt we would get any marks for it.

Yeah it's kinda annoying. But there's nothing we can do now, there's no use worrying.
Reply 75
sweet so you reckon an average of 71% will bag me a cheeky A?!
Reply 76
Last question.

i did that too, did you get 3 as your answer?
Reply 77

i did this too :/
Reply 78
Original post by mrmanps
See attached

Both sets of solutions :smile:

Thanks for the rep so far :biggrin:

What do you think the grade boundaries will be this year?
Original post by poopnoddy
i did that too, did you get 3 as your answer?

Actually, no...i got -2! LOL :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending