The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Maths June 2011 4H solutions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Hi, for Q19, I used another angle (18degrees) instead of 28degrees and got 4.38, but in terms of working out the answer I did the exact same as in the mark scheme, and the formula A/Sin(a)=B/Sin(b)=C/Sin(c) so would I get any/all marks available?
Also, for Q20, I got the answer 1, and when substituting it into the function, the answer was three as well, would this get any marks?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 121
all you guys need to seriously chill about the grade boundaries- you're stressing me out :s-smilie:
apparantly an A* last year was 78% ?? i did that practice paper and i found it a lot easier than the two we were given. Everyone that i have spoken to (in person) think the grade boundaries will therefore be lower than last year :cool: i promise all of you sound ridiculously clever and dont need to worrry about this !!!!!!
Reply 122
Original post by emah123
i think i got 77.5- 79% overallon both will this be enough for an A*?? im disapointed i lost lots of marks due to stupid mistakes :mad:

To be honest, I highly doubt it.
Reply 123
Original post by MK9
Hi, for Q19, I used another angle (18degrees) instead of 28degrees and got 4.38, but in terms of working out the answer I did the exact same as in the mark scheme, and the formula A/Sin(a)=B/Sin(b)=C/Sin(c) so would I get any/all marks available?
Also, for Q20, I got the answer 1, and when substituting it into the function, the answer was three as well, would this get any marks?

For question 20. a=1? That doesn't equal 3

(2/1 + 1)/ (2/1)
(2+1)/2
=1.5

Also with question 19 you'd get method marks.
Reply 124
everyonee shut up, neeks stop commenting ie bannapie and manmore or smin, you have nothing better to do, no one really cares how you did tbh, stop commenting
Reply 125
Original post by mrmanps

Original post by mrmanps
I will get round to it but not atm

Okay, thank you in advance. :smile:
Reply 126
If they really mark me tough , I'd get around 87%-85% in both papers. Would that be enough for an A*? The OP who posted that boundaries would be high worried me a little bit. ;/
Reply 127
Original post by foximus
everyonee shut up, neeks stop commenting ie bannapie and manmore or smin, you have nothing better to do, no one really cares how you did tbh, stop commenting

This discussion is made to comment, if you don't like then stfu and gtfo of the forums.

You probably did bad and you are mad over it. Calm down your boner and don't forget to gtfo. :tongue:
Reply 128
These aren't the same Maths papers I sat, I did Edexcel. Is there anywhere I could get hold of them? the non-calc is the one everyone was complaining about saying it was too hard...
Reply 129
thanks you so much.............

got 100%.
Reply 130
Original post by mrmanps
its fine

Sir, I qould just like to ask you about something.

If I get 89% in 3H, and 100% in 4H, then am a in the A* bracket, seeing that you said the boundaries would be high?
omg i didn't notice it was a quadratic equation on 21b. FML that is the stupidest thing i've ever done
Original post by tree man

If I get 89% in 3H, and 100% in 4H, then am a in the A* bracket, seeing that you said the boundaries would be high?

i know i'm not him, but i don't think you need to worry....
Reply 133
Original post by tree man

Yes it'll be in the A* category. Nice job with the 100%. =]
Reply 134
Original post by Bubble734
i know i'm not him, but i don't think you need to worry....

cheers mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope u get an awsome grade!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 135
Original post by BananaPie
Yes it'll be in the A* category. Nice job with the 100%. =]

thanks so much..
I hope u guys get awsome grades!!!!:biggrin::wink:
Reply 136
Original post by LukeyJB
These aren't the same Maths papers I sat, I did Edexcel. Is there anywhere I could get hold of them? the non-calc is the one everyone was complaining about saying it was too hard...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1667816&highlight=edexcel+gcse+2011+paper+3

That's the GCSE non-calc paper answers. ^

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1672772&highlight=edexcel+gcse+2011+paper+3

And that's the GCSE calc paper answers. ^
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 137
Original post by foximus

I find it funny that people who 'don't care' carry on reading the threads they apparently 'don't care' about.
Reply 138
Original post by BananaPie
Oh sweet man. 97% is a fantastic score. =D
nic:biggrin::wink::biggrin::wink:e!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 139
I'm really nervous,because I got 85% certainly. Anybody can tell me what an A* line is from ur experiment pls.
Thanks so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending