The Student Room Group

Nicole Scherzinger v Cheryl Cole

Scroll to see replies

Nicole without a doubt. She's gorgeous and really sweet. :smile:
Original post by bradshawi
OK, do you mind me asking why?

Assuming everyone off a council estate is a piece of trash, then saying she's arrogant?
Cheryls an overrated chav who married a footballer to get famous, she was a complete chav before marriage if you looked at her pics.
Reply 43
Hasn't Nicole Scherzinger been the same age for about four years?
Reply 44
Original post by Alientrooper
Cheryls an overrated chav who married a footballer to get famous, she was a complete chav before marriage if you looked at her pics.

I would rate your comment positively but apparently I've used all of mine up!
I voted Cheryl... =/ She's a bit more in touch with the people which actually gives her than innocent and honesty touch to her that the country adored in 2008. I don't know what made people forget that they picked up the phone to vote her on 'Popstars the Rivals' but I must have been in a coma for it. Her performance of 'Right here waiting for you' was great and she's only progressed since, otherwise where are the number 1's coming from? There's got to be SOMEONE buying them. Also she's much hotter :x

Nicole, yes okay, overall she has a more desirable figure. But she's not as naturally pretty as Cheryl. (Cheryl's only had her teeth done - unlike nicole who's had nose, boobs and botox done yet still isn't pretty) Nicole was on graham norton last night in the most uncomfortable looking dress, she looked so on edge and didn't speak unless spoken to. And completely just stealing Cheryl's job. There is no way on earth that Nicole was ever going to host, she's sneaky and I personally don't like it =/ Cheryl's come from rock bottom which is an incredible feat in today's society.
(edited 12 years ago)
Is neither an option?

But globally, Nicole without a doubt. Even in Britain too now it seems, now that people have gotten over the revelations of Ashley's cheating etc.
Reply 47
Original post by Linzikins
Assuming everyone off a council estate is a piece of trash, then saying she's arrogant?

She always has that smug look on her face. I read somewhere ages ago (it was in 2010, I think) that a contestant, Wagner or something? on the X-Factor said something along the lines of 'she's from a council estate' to a reporter and then Cole brought it up on the live show purposely to embarrass him. Basically, she said that "I'm very proud of my roots" despite being from a family of criminals. She is arrogant and she thinks she's important, but really she isn't. Now, that was my point!

You can disagree with me, but I don't think you should 'destest' me just for having an opinion.
Reply 48
not a big fan of either of them to be honest - the main reason they're famous is because of their looks rather than their singing ability (which is annoying bacause they judge other people's singing). cheryl seems a bit more down to earth though - nicole seems a bit false. also i read a really annoying interview she did with some magazine where she was explaining the 'meaning' behind her lyrics - how she's 'doing it for the girls' or whatever. lets remind ourselves that she is responsible for the 'don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me' travesty!!
Me obvs xxxx
Reply 50
The most odd thing about this who Cheryl business is that her last name isn't even Cole.. It's Tweedy now :tongue:
She always has that smug look on her face. I read somewhere ages ago (it was in 2010, I think) that a contestant, Wagner or something? on the X-Factor said something along the lines of 'she's from a council estate' to a reporter and then Cole brought it up on the live show purposely to embarrass him. Basically, she said that "I'm very proud of my roots" despite being from a family of criminals. She is arrogant and she thinks she's important, but really she isn't. Now, that was my point!

You can disagree with me, but I don't think you should 'destest' me just for having an opinion.

I think she was right to bring the point up. Why should people that come from underprivileged areas be made out to be of any less importance? She was sticking up for anyone that's ever been put down for where they come from which obviously is wrong.

If you think looking down on the poorer societies is acceptable then I do detest you.
Original post by Hemzo
The most odd thing about this who Cheryl business is that her last name isn't even Cole.. It's Tweedy now :tongue:

Well yes, technically as she's divorced (even though she's dating him which is weird). But she never legally changed her name, so no, it's definitely still Cole.
Reply 53
Original post by sarah-marsbars
She's a bit more in touch with the people which actually gives her than innocent and honesty touch to her that the country adored in 2008.

?

Not everyone 'adored' that chav!
Reply 54
Original post by Linzikins
Why should people that come from underprivileged areas be made out to be of any less importance?
If you think looking down on the poorer societies is acceptable then I do detest you.

It's acceptable when they're thugs and criminals.
?

Not everyone 'adored' that chav!

She was nicknamed the 'Nations Sweetheart'. I think it's fair to say that she has less popularity now than she did a couple of years ago is all I'm saying.
It's acceptable when they're thugs and criminals.

Cheryl is not a criminal? :x She went on a trek of Kilimanjaro to raise millions for charity for pete's sake >< And she's minted now?
Reply 57
She was nicknamed the 'Nations Sweetheart'. I think it's fair to say that she has less popularity now than she did a couple of years ago is all I'm saying.

Was she?! In what sense, she isn't particularly representative of many people though?..
Reply 58
silly question
cole isnt even in the same league as nicole!
Reply 59
Cheryl is not a criminal? :x She went on a trek of Kilimanjaro to raise millions for charity for pete's sake >< And she's minted now?

Yes, she may be 'minted' but money never buys class. She's sort of a working-class hero. She probably did the trek to boost her public image and make people believe she's a nice person. Finally, she attacked a toilet cleaner which really does prove she's not a classy woman.

Quick Reply

Latest