The Student Room Group

Nicole Scherzinger v Cheryl Cole

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bradshawi
It's acceptable when they're thugs and criminals.

Then you are obviously stupid to assume everyone is like that.
Reply 61
In 20 years time I don't think anyone will know who either of them are.
Original post by sarah-marsbars
stealing Cheryl's job.

Stealing? SHE didn't offer to have the job as US X Factor judge, the producers did :s-smilie:

Just because someone got dumped and another person got an offer to replace them doesn't mean they are STEALING their job.
She always has that smug look on her face. I read somewhere ages ago (it was in 2010, I think) that a contestant, Wagner or something? on the X-Factor said something along the lines of 'she's from a council estate' to a reporter and then Cole brought it up on the live show purposely to embarrass him. Basically, she said that "I'm very proud of my roots" despite being from a family of criminals. She is arrogant and she thinks she's important, but really she isn't. Now, that was my point!

You can disagree with me, but I don't think you should 'destest' me just for having an opinion.

This. I don't think she's very classy at all.
She always has that smug look on her face. I read somewhere ages ago (it was in 2010, I think) that a contestant, Wagner or something? on the X-Factor said something along the lines of 'she's from a council estate' to a reporter and then Cole brought it up on the live show purposely to embarrass him. Basically, she said that "I'm very proud of my roots" despite being from a family of criminals. She is arrogant and she thinks she's important, but really she isn't. Now, that was my point!

You can disagree with me, but I don't think you should 'destest' me just for having an opinion.

Oh I definately remember that. I watch the X Factor and she was so unprofessional bringing that up after Wagner's performance in front of the nation when she should have been focusing on judging his performance! So rude and gobby!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq1XWd1Hlbk

Anyway to answer the question Nicole by a mile! She's so sweet and lovely and humble and classy and she sings and dances so well. She's also really beautiful. She also grew up being poor as well but she worked so hard. :smile: The first thing she did when she made loads of money from her career was buy her mum a nice new house not go around beating people up in nightclubs lol.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 65
Original post by Linzikins
Then you are obviously stupid to assume everyone is like that.

Have you ever heard of the under-class? Along with other interpretations the term chav means 'Council House And Violence'. I know I'm right so I don't appreciate you consistently attempting to challenge me.
Reply 66
Original post by Dee Leigh
Oh I definately remember that. I watch the X Factor and she was so unprofessional bringing that up after Wagner's performance in front of the nation when she should have been focusing on judging his performance! So rude and gobby!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq1XWd1Hlbk

Exactly!
Reply 67
I genuinely think Nicole Scherzinger is one of the most gorgeous woman in the world.
I don't really know enough about Nicole Scherzinger, but I cannot stand Cheryl Cole! She's a complete pikey. Remember when she attacked the toilet cleaner? Complete lack of class. A leopard can never change its spots, so once a chav always a chav. I hope the world wakes up and sees her for what she really is. She grew up on a council estate, and have you seen her family!? A bunch of criminals. She doesn't have any talent, she's as common as muck, awful voice and mannerism, atricious make-up and hair... I can't stand her arrogance. She is absolutely nothing. I think it's about time classier women are given more attention and the media stops focusing on Cole, because anyone with a brain surely doesn't care?

Oh and before anyone starts either quoting me or thinking I'm envious of her, I most certainly am not!

and? cheryl cole used to be poor. oh god.

saying that, i don't like her. i just don't think slagging off her poor background is exactly fair.
Original post by delasandro
Love how the way people despise Cheryl now.. when only a year ago everbody couldn't get enough of her..

To be honest I was never a fan of hers. She is pretty, I do like Girls Aloud and I love the X Factor but I wasn't hypnotised by the whole "nation's sweethart" X Factor exposure and I sure as heck didn't buy her songs which only became popular due to X Factor exposure.
(edited 12 years ago)
Id **** them both
Reply 71
Original post by ok_cub2008
Nicole has superior genetics.

I don't even know why this is so true but it is lol.
Original post by hali0112
I think nicole will be remembered in years to come. she is already a global star through her success with the pussycat dolls. and she is just starting out her solo career. her solo music is doing pretty well in the UK but she did plug herself and two of her hits on x factor and BGT so its hard to say whether without these shows she would have been that successful. now with the US x factor she will go on to have more fame and her solo music should do pretty well too in the US. she seems to be more popular with the british public than cheryl cole is right now. the public seem to have turned against cheryl and so have the media. the media used to love her. cheryl doesn't even have the UK x factor now and she probably won't be bringing out any more solo music as she doesn't have any shows to promote them on. unless she gets back with GA and they have some big hits she will fade from the public eye and will soon be forgotten.

Well Nicole didn't perform Don't Hold Your Breath on BGT or X Factor but it went to number 1 in the UK so...
I don't think Nicole Scherzinger is even a little attractive.
Original post by hali0112
her looks have a huge say in her success but exposure is probably more important. if you think about it, she was on x factor as a judge, which gave her regular exposure to millions of music buying people weekly so when she performed her songs and released her albums she was guaranteed to be a success. her album and single releases are timed to achieve huge sales. hence why you don't see her releasing anything before x factor. popstars need to be in the public eye or else someone new will come along and the public will forget about the older popstars. this doesn't happen with non mainstream music but it does with pop music because there are so many pop stars that come and go.

Agreed :yep:
Nicole.
Original post by Hemzo
The most odd thing about this who Cheryl business is that her last name isn't even Cole.. It's Tweedy now :tongue:

Lol well it's still Cole because she decided to stick with it rather than go back to Tweedy
Original post by sarah-marsbars
Well yes, technically as she's divorced (even though she's dating him which is weird). But she never legally changed her name, so no, it's definitely still Cole.

She's still dating him? What the hell?
Reply 78
Nicole is Hottt!
Original post by Linzikins
I think she was right to bring the point up. Why should people that come from underprivileged areas be made out to be of any less importance? She was sticking up for anyone that's ever been put down for where they come from which obviously is wrong.

If you think looking down on the poorer societies is acceptable then I do detest you.

I do agree with you but that was so unprofessional, particularly as she heard it in the press (she should know better than to read/listen to the press). X Factor is a singing contest not a slanging match and she should have been judging Wagner's performance. I do respect people who despite their background try to have a better life but she could have brought that up backstage rather than in front of the audience and nation.

Quick Reply

Latest