The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR Geography B

Hi, who's doing ocr geog B this year? its the first sitting for this specification this year and i'm badly nervous :s-smilie:
I dont know to revise there are just so many case studies. The topics although are quite easy the specimen ppr was also quite straight forward i've got a feeling that the actual ppr is not gonna be that easy.

Please post if you have any tips or links for revison. Here's the specimen ppr and the mark scheme if you need. :smile:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/assess_mat/ocr_8306_sam_gcse_unit_b563f.pdf
http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/assess_mat/ocr_8307_sam_gcse_unit_b563h.pdf

Also please share if u've got any guess pprs. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
im gonna do so bad in this exam :/
Reply 2
Original post by icantrevise
im gonna do so bad in this exam :/

Join the club... when did you start revising?
Reply 3
the specimen paper are quite hard
i am doing it this year aswell
but i don't know how i am gonna answer the qeustions

for monday we are only doing the decision making paper right ?!
so we only need to learn about coasts
however there are so many ressouces that is scaring me
plus the ocr board exam is never really clear on the questions they ask
and it is not easy to understand the pre realease materials
so i don't really know wat i am gonna
plus the 21 caase studie
i haven't even started revisng them ??!!!!!
do u guys have a tips plzzz
Reply 4
Original post by louci
the specimen paper are quite hard
i am doing it this year aswell
but i don't know how i am gonna answer the qeustions

for monday we are only doing the decision making paper right ?!
so we only need to learn about coasts
however there are so many ressouces that is scaring me
plus the ocr board exam is never really clear on the questions they ask
and it is not easy to understand the pre realease materials
so i don't really know wat i am gonna
plus the 21 caase studie
i haven't even started revisng them ??!!!!!
do u guys have a tips plzzz

oh i did my DME in january. My teacher made a really good guess ppr which was very close to the real exam. our topic was economic development; it was quite easy but lengthy. :frown:
all i would advice u is to practice the questions as much as u can if u've got a guess ppr and time ur answers cuz time is a real issue in this exam.. i ran out of time in my ppr and missed the last decision making question which carried almost half the marks (16/40) :frown:
and ended up with a B. so it might be better to do the last question first and also not to get carried away by it and spend the whole time doing it. Also remember to use the resources and make points from them otherwise u dont get much marks :smile:
hope that helps :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Roobz
oh i did my DME in january. My teacher made a really good guess ppr which was very close to the real exam. our topic was economic development; it was quite easy but lengthy. :frown:
all i would advice u is to practice the questions as much as u can if u've got a guess ppr and time ur answers cuz time is a real issue in this exam.. i ran out of time in my ppr and missed the last decision making question which carried almost half the marks (16/40) :frown:
and ended up with a B. so it might be better to do the last question first and also not to get carried away by it and spend the whole time doing it. Also remember to use the resources and make points from them otherwise u dont get much marks :smile:
hope that helps :smile:

u know the backgournd questions
what are they most likely to be based on ?
cause i am doing coasts
Reply 6
for anyone whose doing coasts...

type "why save happisburgh" into google and you'll find loads of arguments
Reply 7
Original post by PhoenixxX

i havent started revising yet haha!
Reply 8
Original post by PhoenixxX

Which club? can u give the link plz :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by louci
u know the backgournd questions
what are they most likely to be based on ?
cause i am doing coasts

Questions are generally very easy and straight forward.. they're all based on the resources... u'll get all the answers in the resource booklet... the only bad thing is time... u get just 1 hr and tbh its NOT enough at all!! so u have to be very fast and make sure not to waffle; just write to the point! thats the trick trust me.. it was soo easy that even students predicted Cs got an A.. u just have to be carefull abt time and not write too much for point based questions!! :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Roobz
Questions are generally very easy and straight forward.. they're all based on the resources... u'll get all the answers in the resource booklet... the only bad thing is time... u get just 1 hr and tbh its NOT enough at all!! so u have to be very fast and make sure not to waffle; just write to the point! thats the trick trust me.. it was soo easy that even students predicted Cs got an A.. u just have to be carefull abt time and not write too much for point based questions!! :smile:

oh right
thank you soo much
u just made my day
i was so worried of wat i am was gonna write in the paper
oh thankx
good luck to ur exams
(ps if u are doing any )
Reply 11
Original post by louci
oh right
thank you soo much
u just made my day
i was so worried of wat i am was gonna write in the paper
oh thankx
good luck to ur exams
(ps if u are doing any )

You're welcome. :smile:
I am doing geography exam coming friday and god there's just so much to revise!! I hvnt even started yet! :s-smilie:
Good Luck for ur exam tomorrow :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Roobz
You're welcome. :smile:
I am doing geography exam coming friday and god there's just so much to revise!! I hvnt even started yet! :s-smilie:
Good Luck for ur exam tomorrow :smile:

u too
best of luck!!!!!
Reply 13
hey i just want to know how many marks or percent i would need in this exam to get a C. I got a C overall in my courswork and a D in my SDME. I did the foundation paper for for the SDME and for this upcoming exam on Friday i have been entered for Higher. So how many marks or percent would i need to secure a grade C? ( just a rough estimate)
Thanks
I got an A* in the SDME, I am worried about this exam though, so much to learn, so many case studies!
Reply 15
Original post by alizasauras
I got an A* in the SDME, I am worried about this exam though, so much to learn, so many case studies!

Woah, impressive, in my school only 2 people got A* haha.
Reply 16
Original post by alizasauras

wow.. i'm predicted an A & i got a B in SDME soo i guess i really need to get a high A* to get an overall A... i got full marks in mock but now m just losing all my confidence :s-smilie: really there's just so much to do :frown:

Original post by *mike
Woah, impressive, in my school only 2 people got A* haha.

well in my school so many ppl got A* and even ppl predicted a C got an A :cool:
but everybody's so worried abt this exam :mad:
Reply 17
Original post by afzal123
hey i just want to know how many marks or percent i would need in this exam to get a C. I got a C overall in my courswork and a D in my SDME. I did the foundation paper for for the SDME and for this upcoming exam on Friday i have been entered for Higher. So how many marks or percent would i need to secure a grade C? ( just a rough estimate)
Thanks

hey there
i think u'll need a high C in this one to get an overall C which should be around 70-75%?? m not sure thats just a rough est why dont u ask ur teacher? :smile:
Reply 18
Guys, What would I need to get a B?

Courswork: Both A's.
Sustainability Exam: C ;'(
Reply 19
Original post by Roobz
wow.. i'm predicted an A & i got a B in SDME soo i guess i really need to get a high A* to get an overall A... i got full marks in mock but now m just losing all my confidence :s-smilie: really there's just so much to do :frown:

well in my school so many ppl got A* and even ppl predicted a C got an A :cool:
but everybody's so worried abt this exam :mad:

It was the complete opposite for my school. People predicted A*s got Cs and Ds!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending