The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Groat
Maybe try making a mind-map of all the reasons why you've enjoyed Chemistry A-Level and why you feel the university courses (do some research) excite you?

Dude. I love you. Arent you one of the many nutters off the shiny revision thread who does F.maths?
Reply 181
I'm also applying for 2012! Im mega excited.. can someone help though.

I know you get 5 Choices, or the one if you'd like, BUT, Do you HAVE to apply for 5? Or can I apply for 2/3/4?

Thanks
Original post by Bambie_X
I'm also applying for 2012! Im mega excited.. can someone help though.

I know you get 5 Choices, or the one if you'd like, BUT, Do you HAVE to apply for 5? Or can I apply for 2/3/4?

Thanks

AFAIK, you dont HAVE to apply for 5.

will just go and have a looksie on the UCAS website.

UCAS
You don't have to add five choices

There's space for five choices, but you don't have to use them all - you can apply for just one if you know exactly where you want to go.

Only add choices you're sure about - if you wouldn't be happy going to one of them, see if there's somewhere else, or apply to fewer choices: you don't have to fill up the space.

If you apply to fewer than five choices, you can add more later if you want to (but be aware of the deadlines for adding choices - see when to apply). This can be useful if you find a new course after you've sent your application to us.
(edited 12 years ago)
HAHAHA luv it.... i would poss rep you but i've ran out :frown:

i know it not old but that's the kinda thing im worried about lol... not being down with the kids so'da speak! :rolf: x

Original post by .snowflake.
Dude, that's not old! You'll be the nice lady who lives at the end of the corridor who can solve everything and is gifted with a recipe book!
Reply 184
Thankyou so much!
Reply 185
Dude. I love you. Arent you one of the many nutters off the shiny revision thread who does F.maths?

I am one of those nutters. :albertein:
AFAIK, you dont HAVE to apply for 5.

will just go and have a looksie on the UCAS website.

No, you don't have to apply for 5. Some internationals students often just pick one... easier to cater the PS I guess.

Personally I don't see why one would want to apply for less than 5. It gives you more chances and it won't hurt to apply... it's not like you have to do more work if you choose another university as a low-risk option. :smile:
Original post by shy-girl666
HAHAHA luv it.... i would poss rep you but i've ran out :frown:

i know it not old but that's the kinda thing im worried about lol... not being down with the kids so'da speak! :rolf: x

ah, its ok. I think, well hope, that by the time we're applying/ at university we have the emotional maturity to not really care how old someone is! And that i dont end up with a repeat of secondary school i.e. being bullied mericlessly for...5 years.
well if i get in... im applying this year for next and i'll be nearly 21 when i start in september :frown: i know it's not old or anything but still.... prob me being silly x

That's not uncommon at all.
Original post by Groat
I am one of those nutters. :albertein:

do not, honestly, know how you cope. I've been told by one of the lasses doing F.maths, so shes done C3 and 4 this session to 'Not do A2 maths, you WILL kill yourself'. Which, considering I had to resit C1, shes probably right.
It costs less if you only choose 5 and people that are 100% sure they only want to do medicine often pick only 4 choices with the full intention of reapplying if they receive no offers.
Reply 191
do not, honestly, know how you cope. I've been told by one of the lasses doing F.maths, so shes done C3 and 4 this session to 'Not do A2 maths, you WILL kill yourself'. Which, considering I had to resit C1, shes probably right.

Well this year I have done Maths AS and Further Maths AS, so I haven't had the joy of C3 and C4 yet! :colone:
ah, its ok. I think, well hope, that by the time we're applying/ at university we have the emotional maturity to not really care how old someone is! And that i dont end up with a repeat of secondary school i.e. being bullied mericlessly for...5 years.

yeah that's the hope... i know how you feel mine lasted 6 years and im still left with all the emotional crap :/ but im looking forward to going back to education :biggrin: x

Original post by paddy__power
That's not uncommon at all.

yeah i know im just the kinda person that gets freaked easily lol x
yeah that's the hope... i know how you feel mine lasted 6 years and im still left with all the emotional crap :/ but im looking forward to going back to education :biggrin: x

yeah i know im just the kinda person that gets freaked easily lol x

Aye, it will be fine. Nobody notices if someone is a year or two older. We had several people who were older in our flat this year. I know how you feel though. I was 18/19 and still didn't want to be in class with 18 year olds :lol:
Aye, it will be fine. Nobody notices if someone is a year or two older. We had several people who were older in our flat this year.

On that note... I'll be 17 and a few months when I get into uni... will this put me at a disadvantage - social-wise? I know that in freshers week people go for pub crawls and the like, but I'll be too young to drink, and besides I don't like alcohol. :/
Aye, it will be fine. Nobody notices if someone is a year or two older. We had several people who were older in our flat this year. I know how you feel though. I was 18/19 and still didn't want to be in class with 18 year olds :lol:

hahah yeah that was me in my college days.... didn't want to be in the room with a bunch of 16 year olds :/ but they're some of my best friends now :biggrin: x
Original post by punctuation
On that note... I'll be 17 and a few months when I get into uni... will this put me at a disadvantage - social-wise? I know that in freshers week people go for pub crawls and the like, but I'll be too young to drink, and besides I don't like alcohol. :/

Plenty of flat-parties going on. Obviously you won't be able to go into town unless you look a lot older or just get hold of a fake ID though.
Original post by punctuation

I'm not keen on getting wasted either.
hahah yeah that was me in my college days.... didn't want to be in the room with a bunch of 16 year olds :/ but they're some of my best friends now :biggrin: x

I'm easy. Don't really want to be at uni but don't have any money so it will do :h:

He's been gone a year, and i still have days where I can't do the eating in public part.

Latest

Trending

Trending