The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by Albertine
Law, but I'm panicking incase it's not for me. I'm generally just PANICKING. :frown:
Well, you've got a long way to go with this process, so it's a bit early to panic :tongue: Getting your head around the LNAT would be a good move, though.
Original post by Accalia
Oh, are you one of the Canadians from earlier on in the thread? :smile: This is a bit off-topic, but really, how much snow do you get there? I had a friend move over to Canada about six years ago, and every time we e-mail it seems to either be snowing or have already snowed.

Erm, possibly... There aren't many Canadians, and I do hang around here, so I'll assume that's me. XD

Well... I suppose we get a disproportionate amount of snow compared to other countries. Really it's not that bad unless you live near the mountains in BC or in Quebec. It does snow often in Ontario/near Toronto (a few times a week), but that's just light snow, and often it just melts on the ground. We get about 15-30cm of snow maybe twice a year. I like snow so I don't mind. :biggrin: Plus sometimes if there's enough snow we get school off. Though that hasn't happened for two years... Usually the snow's just pretty and not a bother. :P

Original post by Minerva
Well, you've got a long way to go with this process, so it's a bit early to panic :tongue: Getting your head around the LNAT would be a good move, though.

Indeed, following the advice of the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy... DON'T PANIC.

(also, always know where your towel is :wink:)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 362
Original post by .snowflake.
I'm finally not the only chemistry applicant in this place!

Oh, hello then :biggrin: where do you want to apply? And are you planning on an MChem/MSci, or a BSc?
I'm applying for Law, but don't get the 'buzzword' until September :lolwut:
Reply 364
Original post by punctuation
Erm, possibly... There aren't many Canadians, and I do hang around here, so I'll assume that's me. XD

Well... I suppose we get a disproportionate amount of snow compared to other countries. Really it's not that bad unless you live near the mountains in BC or in Quebec. It does snow often in Ontario/near Toronto (a few times a week), but that's just light snow, and often it just melts on the ground. We get about 15-30cm of snow maybe twice a year. I like snow so I don't mind. :biggrin: Plus sometimes if there's enough snow we get school off. Though that hasn't happened for two years... Usually the snow's just pretty and not a bother. :P

Indeed, following the advice of the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy... DON'T PANIC.

(also, always know where your towel is :wink:)

:awesome:
How come you want to go to the UK?
Original post by Accalia
Oh, hello then :biggrin: where do you want to apply? And are you planning on an MChem/MSci, or a BSc?

MChem, because they appear to be the only ones where I'm able to take a language/ bugger off to another country for a year. Gives you more options than the BSc does, as to be a reasearch scientist you NEED the MChem, but if i wanted I could teach by doing a PGCE afterwards. Doubt I will though.
My tutor group are signing up to APPLY tomorrow!
Original post by Accalia
:awesome:
How come you want to go to the UK?

Oh hey I just got my second gem...

Ahem. Anyway. I just think that it's more exciting, it's different compared to what my peers are doing, and the quality of education is much better.

I didn't know this when I first started researching, but most undergraduate courses are also a year shorter than in North America. :biggrin:
Original post by juliewho
Yeah, i'm convinced some people are interested because they think they'll get to hang around footballers all the time :tongue:
It's the same reason I want to do SALT, I know it's not all going to be cute kids with learning difficulties, theres going to be a huge range from physical disabilities/stroke etc and that's part of what makes it so appealing to me :smile:

tbh I would love to do sports physio but its not likely to happen, and I know that there will be some people that I wouldnt be able to hep but the thought of meeting someone that couldnt look after themselves etc then helping them, getting to know them and watching them become independent will be some of the greatest moments of my life!
Hi it's nice to hear of some fellow AHP applicants. I want to do occupational therapy hopefully at cardiff or Liverpool. I think UEA, Southampton will be my other choices, not sure about the fifth :smile: how much work experience have you done?
Original post by rosemary22
Hi it's nice to hear of some fellow AHP applicants. I want to do occupational therapy hopefully at cardiff or Liverpool. I think UEA, Southampton will be my other choices, not sure about the fifth :smile: how much work experience have you done?

I'll be getting mine done over the summer, hoping to volunteer at a care home for dementia patients, will be writing to local hospital and applying for St Johns Ambulance :smile:
Yourself?
Very similar. Applying at a order of st john's care home, shadowing an OT for a couple of days and hopefully st john's ambulance too. My friends applying to st john's so she said she'd let me know how it was.
Original post by Junaid16
I'm applying for Law, but don't get the 'buzzword' until September :lolwut:

SEPTEMBER????
I wouldn't survive.
Reply 373
Original post by fluteflute
My tutor group are signing up to APPLY tomorrow!

It's not that exciting, I'm afraid. :colone:
Reply 374
Got my selections on UCAS now (apart from sone campus codes), feels good! Now to find my GCSE certificates...
i hate not having a buzzword :sad:
Hi, I'll be applying if I get accepted on the access course I want.

I really hope the college don't 'suggest' I do the two year course because I've already got myself all excited for possibly being in university in just over a year.:biggrin:
Reply 377
Original post by Aesc
Got my selections on UCAS now (apart from sone campus codes), feels good! Now to find my GCSE certificates...

Tell us more about your choices - you've made them really early! For what subject? :u:

You don't need the GCSE certificates as far as I am aware.
Reply 378
Original post by .snowflake.
MChem, because they appear to be the only ones where I'm able to take a language/ bugger off to another country for a year. Gives you more options than the BSc does, as to be a reasearch scientist you NEED the MChem, but if i wanted I could teach by doing a PGCE afterwards. Doubt I will though.

I want to go into research, so it's them MChem for me :biggrin: although the year in another country does look appealing, I've never been good at languages... or had the time to make myself good at one :tongue:
Original post by Accalia
I want to go into research, so it's them MChem for me :biggrin: although the year in another country does look appealing, I've never been good at languages... or had the time to make myself good at one :tongue:

aww. you could pick up a language at uni for a laugh!

Latest

Trending

Trending