The Student Room Group

Post a photograph of your EYE! ;D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SnailFace
I'm rather obsessed with eyes at the moment.

Here are my pics!

Unable to take decent quality photo, but mine are exactly like yours.
Reply 61

Couldn't find the original though :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 62

Both of mine.
Original post by LipstickKisses
I thought it was from a deposit of lipochrome in the layer over the iris? That's google said I think. :tongue:

There are two things that determine eye colour. The old "blue gene/brown gene" thing we are taught, but also the amount of a certain pigmant present. (really sorry, don't remember the name).
If you have the blue gene but a lot of this pigmant, your eyes will be green. Slightly less makes them more a combo/grey, very little makes light blue. If you have the brown eyed gene and a lot of the pigmant, they will be dark brown. Little of it gives you hazel, and things like amber are inbetween.
There may be something that you mentioned affecting certain levels of this as well :smile:

(If you know how to get pics on here other than giving a link, please help me) lol
more representative of my revision schedule than my eye
Original post by lovely_me

Took this ages ago, it's on my profile :pierre:

OP your eye colour is beautiful.

You have very beautiful eyes :colondollar:
Original post by Manitude
Not a great picture, but could be a lot worse. At least I'm not squinting or overly bloodshot:

Grey eyes :love:.
Original post by Emaemmaemily
There are two things that determine eye colour. The old "blue gene/brown gene" thing we are taught, but also the amount of a certain pigmant present. (really sorry, don't remember the name).
If you have the blue gene but a lot of this pigmant, your eyes will be green. Slightly less makes them more a combo/grey, very little makes light blue. If you have the brown eyed gene and a lot of the pigmant, they will be dark brown. Little of it gives you hazel, and things like amber are inbetween.
There may be something that you mentioned affecting certain levels of this as well :smile:

(If you know how to get pics on here other than giving a link, please help me) lol

Oh right, I didn't realise that! :tongue:

You can attatch it by clicking the paperclip I think. :biggrin:
Reply 68
Wow my photo is so amateur compared to most of the ones in this thread! But here it is anyway. There's a bit of reflection from the camera but you can still see the blue-ness. My eyes are usually a bit paler, but this is photo is quite dark.

Reply 69
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 70
not sure if anyone's told you but this is what you do

when replying to this post click 'go advance'
then manage attachments
then add the attachment + upload
click on the uploaded attachment
u'll c a url

then back to advanced post
at the top where the bold/italics options are u'll c insert image
paste the url

& ta da!
(edited 12 years ago)
Blue :smile:
Reply 72
Original post by SnailFace

Brothers'

Post your eye pictures :biggrin:

Wow, your brother's eyes are so cool, completely different colours! I've only ever seen people with one blue eye and one green, or one blue and one grey.
Original post by loonyplatypus
Couldn't decide which was better of these two, so I uploaded both:

Brown eyes FTW.

are those your real lashes? If so, HOW DO YOU GET THEM TO BEHAVE THAT WAY?!!!!!
Mine won't stay up :mad:
My eyes are a different colours, I never know what colour to call them :smile:

Apologies for the poor quality.
Reply 75
Original post by History-Student

I was going to post my eye, but I'm too drunk and they all came out terrifying!

It's five past six in the afternoon! :zomg:

Shame on you and your Sunday drunkenness :unimpressed:
Mine are blue-green with a ring of gold around each pupil.

I'd post a photo, but I only got three hours sleep last night and have been standing around in the rain all day, so I'm bags galore right now.
Reply 77
Original post by Emaemmaemily
Can someone explain to me how to get the picture up when it's not on the internet? :/

not sure if anyone's told you but this is what you do

when replying to this post click 'go advance'
then manage attachments
then add the attachment + upload
click on the uploaded attachment
u'll c a url

then back to advanced post
at the top where the bold/italics options are u'll c insert image
paste the url

& ta da!
Original post by lovely_me

Took this ages ago, it's on my profile :pierre:

OP your eye colour is beautiful.

Are you wearing a curtain as a cape or something? You have really nice eyes though. :smile:

I voted hazel but my eyes are closer to a greenish-golden amber in real life. Might root around for a good pic after tonight's revision.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by Ca11ie
Wow, your brother's eyes are so cool, completely different colours! I've only ever seen people with one blue eye and one green, or one blue and one grey.

I think the OP has 2 brothers :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending