The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

In terms of quality lakeside is much lower. I mean moving people in during freshers week I only slightly touched a fire hydrant with a trolly and it came off the wall (complete with holder). Talk bout shoddy workmanship ;-). Apolgies to that flat whoever you were.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 41
I object to that vicious suggestion! Lakesides good, all we need is a tv lounge, and im fed up of this rubbish about a divide - in my book its only the people in the towers who feel this. I don't look down on you guys! And i wish they'd knock down stafford so those pratts on the fourth couldn't throw eggs!

Make it all lakeside standard, then there would be no divide!

As for it being more sociable in the towers, im not so sure about that. Standard is not "where its at" I do agree lakeside is a bit overpriced, but i think its also nicer, at least our lifts dont break down and if there is a fire alarm, the whole of lakeside doesn't get evacuated, meaning we dont stand about outside freezing to death while they check 20 floors to see where the fires at!

I think lakeside is better, because people seem to look after it more, all i can say is in my flat the people are awesome, and that it might be poor in some flats, but its not really that bad!
Reply 42
In fairness looking after lakeside has never been a priority, then again, I look after standard even less when im there so fair point :redface:
ok, but when there was heavy rains late last year, who's roof collapsed? it wasn't standard it was the "better accomodation" lakeside.

As for lifts working I've been in A's a few times over the past year. There's like buttons missing (if memory serves me correct/ might've been b). As for F's lift their lift light has a mind of its own, on one ride off the next.

Although I have to admit that the CHP plant that lakeside uses to provide heating and electricity is impressive and should be made campus wide.
Reply 44
What differences (if any) are there between the high rise and low rise standard accommodation? I would have thought that it would have made sense to keep all accommodation of the same standard buildings uniform. Where some of the buildings built later to house an increasing student population or something?
Reply 45
A's lift was vandalised (not by Lakesiders, if memory serves)

The only time B/C's lift broke was when someone decided to put most of a tree in it and send it to the 6th floor :\
Reply 46
Note
What differences (if any) are there between the high rise and low rise standard accommodation? I would have thought that it would have made sense to keep all accommodation of the same standard buildings uniform. Where some of the buildings built later to house an increasing student population or something?

the reason there's high rise and low rise is probably because you can only have so many high rise towers within a certain area... can't put them too close together :P

so best use of available space really. the interiors are pretty much the same as far as I've seen (which admittedly is that much)
Reply 47
Here is a picture of the bath....

And here is one of the kitchen :smile:

Oh.. and one of the outside hallway too :smile:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: HAHA
Do we want to know what was going on?
Reply 49
The only difference between low and high is the way the flats are set out and the low rise tend to go to final years as there are less fire alarms in the low rise (less people in them you do the math!)
Reply 50
Lil Lee
Do we want to know what was going on?

Put it this way...

Gostas got a nice payday that night! A few too many JDs and Coke I think. :biggrin:
Reply 51
Gosta's!!!!! That dirty yellow pub! I'm ashamed einies einies einies!!!!!

Latest