The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

16 is the new 21
Do what you want just don't take it overboard and don't cross the boundaries given to you unless you've got a really good reason. And of course there's that whole peer pressure thing but if you are as mature as you say then you'd know not to give into negative peer pressure :smile:

I'm talking from a very general sense because I'm a Muslim 16 year old and a Muslim teenagers boundaries and restrictions differ greatly from anyone elses.
Reply 21
Go to the caravan club, I heard it's like a massive orgy.
Lose your virginity before its too late.
Reply 23
Do what makes you happy. Thats all.
Reply 24
Original post by Vixen47

I'm talking from a very general sense because I'm a Muslim 16 year old and a Muslim teenagers boundaries and restrictions differ greatly from anyone elses.

So am I
Reply 25
Original post by avig613
It sounds like you want meaning in your life. Some people would turn to religion, others would choose a constructive hobby (maybe a musical instrument), others would do some volunteer work at an old agee home or something like that.
Whatever you choose, ignore everyone who sugests being immoral and living for the present. Do things you will not regret in 30 years time, things which give you a feeling of self-worth and of meaning.
Good luck!

Wow, thanks. That definitely sounds like me. I thought I would gain this satisfaction from my grades but that's simply not true.
Reply 26
Original post by hellobonjour
If you actually looked at what she had said she was asking for ideas aside from sex, drinking and drugs. Maybe you just have a boring life and need the wild side to liven it up, but it's a lot more exciting when you do things like that and especially when the weather is warm it is really pleasant with a big group of friends. Heathen.

:lolwut: At least my dick doesn't enter little parish boys, us heathens prefer adults.
Original post by B-Man.
:lolwut: At least my dick doesn't enter little parish boys, us heathens prefer adults.

Could you make any less sense?

I love neg reps:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 28

Yes.

You seem like such a tool. :s-smilie:
Original post by Its A Catch 22
You seem like such a tool. :s-smilie:

I'm actually not. It just annoys me when people think the only way to have fun is getting hammered and sleeping around. And before you say it, I do drink and go clubbing and I am not some socially awkward tool.
Reply 31
Original post by Vixen47
16 is the new 21

Sure about that?
Seriously, just act however the hell you want. I'm 16 and I spend my time kind of however I feel like it. I spend a lot of time with my little sister, I spend a lot of time reading or writing or practising my bass. I spend a lot of time doing homework, or actually at school or work. But I also spend time at parties with friends getting drunk and having a good time. Of course I don't think that you have to go out and get drunk until the police break it up to be able to enjoy your teenage years, but I definitely think it's an experience people should have at least once. You need to decide what you find fun, and strike a balance between fun and work. Don't act a certain way because people tell you that's how you should be acting, act how you want to.
Unless you want to kill people. I'm not endorsing killing people. :tongue:
Reply 33
Original post by Anonymous
Well, I'm 16 now and people tell me I'm so lucky and should make use of it. But how? What should I do? Everyone tells me I'm so mature for my age and most people take me for being in my 20s. It's good in a way but even my family think I'm older than most people on TV and stuff. It's just that I feel as if I've wasted my childhood as I've always been the 'old' one and 'mature'. How can people say I'm older than most 18/20 year olds on television. That really depresses me. How should a 16 year old act?..........

I turned sixteen last wednesday Happy birthday to us both!!!! I find I'm like you too, and I don't find it a problem. People take me for older than I am but I find I'm much more respected than my (excuse my french) slutty peers. By parents, teachers and just the public in general. Your parents trust you with your independence and allow you more freedom while maintaining a healthy parenatal relationship.

I do go out, go to parties and drink but I've never been drunk or done something I regret. Many people will tell you you're not a risk taker and just aren't living, well this is lies. If people could see themselves the way I see them, they'd understand what they are missing out on.

As for losing your childhood, 16 really isn't that old. Legally you're still a child and you don't have to pull a toy story 3 and put all your toys in a box in the attic just yet. And no ones going to blame you if once in a while you want to curl up on the sofa and watch a Disney film. So don't worry about putting on the older one act or changing yourself.

There's a difference between mature and old.

So am I

Oh good! I was hoping you'd say this! :biggrin:
So much easier to depict the what to do's between the what not to do's!

In a religious sense, you should do the opposite what everyone on here is saying. That means no drinking, lay off the partying and no sex! But I'm sure you know that already
A friend of mine recently told me that having a boyfriend in Islam is the same as having sex before marriage in Allahs eyes!
Respect everyone older than you. This ranges from parents to teachers to Tesco cleaners!

However, a lot of Muslims our age are losing these beliefs and ruining their relationships with the parents which is vital!
Idk if you're in the whole arranged marriage thing or if your gonna find someone yourself or if you're even gonna get married but just so you know, my sister had an arranged marriage and she's marrying the first guy we found because he's good and his family did a background check on her and our family and found nothing wrong! - As a teenager she wasn't into the whole partying scene and she didn't have any personal relations with guys although she did have guys who were friends and friends who were/are into the whole partying scene! My mum was looking for about 2 or 3 months and she found this guy who my sister is marrying.
Now, my sisters friend's mum has been looking for about 6 or 7 years and no one wants her daughter because she's into the whole partying scene, she's had boyfriends and all the families know this! And this isn't just happening with just one girl - a hell of a lot of my sisters friends and my friends sisters/brothers are going through the same thing! Lol

Anyway, my point is be future concious! The choices you make at this age affect what happens to you in the future and your relationships with your family and friends!
Don't do anything stupid and think! Always, always think!

If you wanna be a teenager then go ahead but consider everything you're putting at risk and being a teenger in a Muslims point of view is completely different to what being a teenager is in a non-Muslims point of view.

What I've noticed for years now is that a lot of Muslim teenagers really wanna be the same as non-Muslim teenagers meaning less restrictions, more freedom and the ability to do what they see on TV.
In doing this their relationships with everyone gradually ruins and 5 years into the future, they really regret what they did in the past! I mean my cousin brother has a really bad criminal record coz he was an idiot from the ages of about 12 to 17/18 and now he's 22 and he's learnt from his criminal past but because of it he can't get a job which he really needs because the best his family can do is have their parents working for mine at just above minimum wage! I mean he was working for my parents at one point too but he got fired! Same happened when he was working for the council! Lol
Original post by RyanKirwan

Original post by RyanKirwan
Sure about that?

When speaking in a general sense and comparing it to 10 years ago, yeah, definitely
Reply 36
Just have fun. That applies to all ages.
Reply 37
If you're actually looking past the next 20 minutes and considering future consequences of your actions, you're too far gone to act like a normal 16 year old. I'm sorry.
Nobody is expecting you to act brilliantly, I doubt you have much career experience (if any) under your belt

go to auditions whenever you can I guess, and just keep your head in the game
Reply 39
Original post by Vixen47

Original post by Vixen47
Oh good! I was hoping you'd say this! :biggrin:
So much easier to depict the what to do's between the what not to do's!

In a religious sense, you should do the opposite what everyone on here is saying. That means no drinking, lay off the partying and no sex! But I'm sure you know that already

Speaking as a non-muslim (I am Jewish), I couldn't give better advice than that given by Vixen47. Sounds very good. The only point I might qualify is that arranged marriages don't work for everyone. If you are OK with it then they are normally fine, but as the Vixen has said, Always think.
If feels right for you- go for it. But don't be pressured into it (or anything else).
Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending