The Student Room Group

OCR FSMQ Additional Maths June 2011 Solutions

Scroll to see replies

The identities were harrrddddd
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 21
I had exactly the same problem! 2 hours of maths followed by 1 hour of geography..
Does anyone have any idea of what the grade boundaries might be, for an A?
Original post by IAmMclovin
Does anyone have any idea of what the grade boundaries might be, for an A?

60/100 i guess. it's said that it was harder than 2010 paper, although i dont really see how :P
Reply 24
It was OK :smile: A lot better than I thought it was going to be, and I got 0.32m^2 for the area so I am really happy that some more people did too! Even though the people that I asked from my school didn't... :s-smilie:

I put down that it was an isosceles triangle, but it could have also been a right angled triangle?
But I think the question was what kind of triangle would it be if BM and AC (the base) were perpendicular, and I think that proves that it was an isosceles triangle, which doesn't mean that it isn't a right angled triangle, I just think that on the basis of that being true, it means that it is an isosceles triangle. I think... haha
Reply 25
eurgh...... that was horrible, is everyone agreed harder than 2010? maybe only need like 60 for an A #(yn)
Reply 26
i thought it was slightly harder than the 2010 paper so maybe 60?
Reply 27
Yeah, gotta be around 60. I think it was relatively hard, but I managed to get most of the questions. Hopefully I got over 70!
Reply 28
I put down that it was an isosceles triangle, but it could have also been a right angled triangle?
But I think the question was what kind of triangle would it be if BM and AC (the base) were perpendicular, and I think that proves that it was an isosceles triangle, which doesn't mean that it isn't a right angled triangle, I just think that on the basis of that being true, it means that it is an isosceles triangle. I think... haha

Surely as it was perpendicular though doesn't that mean there's a 90 degree angle somewhere? So I suppose it could have been a 90 degree and two 45 degree angles for an isosceles? But I just put right angled triangle ^.^
i seriously hope its 60 then, might be able to scrape an A, sooooooooo many stupid mistakes :facepalm:
what did people get for the SUVAT question? I put 2sec and 4m, but i know its wrong. I think its 3sec and 9m as graphically 2 and 4 doesnt make sense and my calculus workings AFTER :tongue: the exam says it should have been 3 sec and 9m........
Reply 31
Does anybody have the mark scheme? :frown: Don't think I did too well at all.. :frown:
Original post by RooT_Fifteen
60/100 i guess. it's said that it was harder than 2010 paper, although i dont really see how :P

haha, didn't you find it hard? i was consistently getting in the 80's in practice papers, and i found this ridiculously hard :frown:
Oh dear I got 36m :P
haha, didn't you find it hard? i was consistently getting in the 80's in practice papers, and i found this ridiculously hard :frown:

I agree that it was a harder than an average paper, but dont think it was that hard :P Thought it was about the same as 2010 paper as i finished in 45min ish like i did for 2010 :s-smilie:
I agree that it was a harder than an average paper, but dont think it was that hard :P Thought it was about the same as 2010 paper as i finished in 45min ish like i did for 2010 :s-smilie:

I worked all the way till the end :redface:

i found june 2010 ok to be honest :s-smilie:, i got 82 which was a good A i think, maybe it was just nerves in this paper haha
Reply 36
what did people get for the SUVAT question? I put 2sec and 4m, but i know its wrong. I think its 3sec and 9m as graphically 2 and 4 doesnt make sense and my calculus workings AFTER :tongue: the exam says it should have been 3 sec and 9m........

i got this aswell, 2 others and i got the answer and the other two got 6 seconds??

there is a mark scheme put together by someone on another thread on page 53
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=590588&page=54
I worked all the way till the end :redface:

i found june 2010 ok to be honest :s-smilie:, i got 82 which was a good A i think, maybe it was just nerves in this paper haha

well of course the chances of you performing at your abserlute best in the actual exam is lower than in your practises.

and perhaps i found 2010 difficult as i was trying to work out the remaining 3 of the SUVAT equations from v=u+at by integrating and subsituting :tongue:
Reply 38
With the triangle question, it wasn't right-angled. I expect that that's one of the answers they're expecting a lot of, but the question before asked for whether AC (or whatever it was) and BM were perpendicular, not if two of the given lines were perpendicular. You can only get a right-angle from a mid-point in an isoceles triangle.

The next question was 'Prove this with another method', where you had to show the lengths of the sides. Two of them were sqroot(50), one was sqroot(100). I'm interested to see how people 'proved' it as a right-angled triangle?
Reply 39
Surely as it was perpendicular though doesn't that mean there's a 90 degree angle somewhere? So I suppose it could have been a 90 degree and two 45 degree angles for an isosceles? But I just put right angled triangle ^.^

Well there was only a 90 degree angle because you joined up B which was the tip of the triangle and the midpoint of AC, which was the base, as it was an isosceles triangle it was perpendicular, and this would happen in any isosceles triangle, but I'm not sure, hopefully they will give you marks as long as you proved that it was a particular triangle correctly?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending