The Student Room Group

OCR FSMQ Additional Maths June 2011 Solutions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by SkiL-BiLL
I think i got between 74-86, I know its a B, its just the case of whether i got an A, I can just hope the boundries are low enough

Same here, I think I got around 78, which I'm sure is at least a B, but hopefully if this is too optimistic an estimation (say I actually got 70) then I hope the boundaries are similar to 2010, when they were 61!
Reply 101
Original post by Maths.Guy
I think i either got 98% or 99% very annoyed could have got 100%!! the question about finding cos theta- I found theta but then went on to calulate the value of Cos-1(theta) :eek: I hope I only lose one for that! :frown:

as long as you explicitly said "cos(theta) = the answer" the examiner will disregard anything you put after that so you won't lose marks
Reply 102
Can you lose marks for not putting working even if you get the right answer?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 103
Original post by OwenP277
as long as you explicitly said "cos(theta) = the answer" the examiner will disregard anything you put after that so you won't lose marks

WOW! thanks a lot for some reassurance, so there is a slight hope for 100% :colondollar:
I think I got around 68% :frown: ... What do you guys reckon that is? :s-smilie:
Original post by BeckiFlute(:
I think I got around 68% :frown: ... What do you guys reckon that is? :s-smilie:

An A probably cos last years was 61 and this was roughly the same standard so max boundary can be is like 65ish...how did other people in ur school find it?
Original post by mrcool1995

An A probably cos last years was 61 and this was roughly the same standard so max boundary can be is like 65ish...how did other people in ur school find it?

Thanks :smile: I think people generally found it pretty hard... I got every question that I did as far as I can tell, but I thought there was way too little time! How about you/ your school?
Original post by BeckiFlute(:
Thanks :smile: I think people generally found it pretty hard... I got every question that I did as far as I can tell, but I thought there was way too little time! How about you/ your school?

yea...people found it pretty tough and there was the odd person who thinks they got 98 percent but i guess we should be fine regarding A's :biggrin:
Ahh good :smile: ... hopefully I might scrape an A then :biggrin:
Reply 109
How much will they penalise for not giving an 'exact value' but leaving it as a rounded decimal rather than in fractional/surd form??
Reply 110
Original post by akat
How much will they penalise for not giving an 'exact value' but leaving it as a rounded decimal rather than in fractional/surd form??

This is what I put. I wrote root of 21 over 25 and then put what it equalled.
do u think the boundary will be lower than last years for an A

Yes. I thought that it was definately harder, and the A boundary will probably be a bit lower

The first question took ages!

If I got part 1 of a section b question wrong, and the following answers required the use of this answer, would they give me 0 or would they do that error carried forward thing and give me the marks if I had the correct method?
Reply 112
Original post by mrmanps
74 for an A as my guess then roughly 10 marks between each boundary

Wouldn't be so sure of yourself in the future what with it being 62 for an A. :colone:
does anyone know if the boundaries have come out?
Reply 114
Original post by Hawespie
Wouldn't be so sure of yourself in the future what with it being 62 for an A. :colone:

Hey the paper seemed easy to me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending