The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Guinness!
Reply 2
No, stella is the way forward. I've got a tinnie in front of me ready to have it's seal broken, I just don't want to pass out after 3 tinnies.
Reply 3
Why do people use the Anonymous system for no apparant reason?...
You are able to drink, but will get drunk more quickly.
Reply 5
I don't think I would. You'll get drunk quicker, so if you don't want to look like a lightweight....
Reply 6
Indus1986
Why do people use the Anonymous system for no apparant reason?...

What sort of a reason do you need to use the Anonymous system then?

And yeah... sure you can drink, they should have told you if you can't
Reply 7
Guinness used to be given free after blood donation. It can't hurt you to drink it if you HAVE to drink. It has a high iron content.
Reply 8
Golden Maverick
You are able to drink, but will get drunk more quickly.
Excellent, cheers. I best log off now before I start making a fool of myself in 30 minutes time :biggrin:
Reply 9
Revenged
What sort of a reason do you need to use the Anonymous system then?

And yeah... sure you can drink, they should have told you if you can't

If you have a problem you want advice on but wish no one to know who you are?... you lack common sense.
Reply 10
Indus1986
Guinness used to be given free after blood donation. It can't hurt you to drink it if you HAVE to drink. It has a high iron content.
Ah I see! Guiness it is when I get to the pub then! :biggrin:
WOW! How about that! I'll tell my mates about the guiness cure.
Reply 12
yes you can drink because my mate gave blood on his birthday last year, you will get p**sed quicker though.
You're only supposed to lay off drink before you give blood, I don't think it matters afterwards! Not that I've ever bothered trying either, since alcohol and I don't get on well.
Reply 14
tritogeneia1
You're only supposed to lay off drink before you give blood, I don't think it matters afterwards! Not that I've ever bothered trying either, since alcohol and I don't get on well.
Funny you should say that as they didn't ask whether I had been drinking before I donated either....
TomInPortsmouth
Funny you should say that as they didn't ask whether I had been drinking before I donated either....

They don't usually ask (perhaps they should?) but in the leaflet they give you before you get there it says you should have a good lunch/breakfast and avoid alcohol with it. I don't think it's an actual requirement like not being anaemic, but a recommendation.

Latest

Trending

Trending