The Student Room Group
This is only a guess, but aren't there 8 levels at KS3? There are also 8 grades at GCSE, so I guess you could work it out like this:

Level 8- A*
Level 7- A
Level 6- B
Level 5- C
Level 4- D
Level 3- E
Level 2- F
Level 1- G

That probably won't be completely accurate though, just like using GCSE results to predict A-levels isn't always accurate. You might have slacked off a bit at KS3 but then work really hard at GCSE or vice versa, you might have crap teachers at KS3 but good ones at GCSE or vice versa, you might improve more in certain subjects than others etc etc.
kellywood_5
This is only a guess, but aren't there 8 levels at KS3? There are also 8 grades at GCSE, so I guess you could work it out like this:

Level 8- A*
Level 7- A
Level 6- B
Level 5- C
Level 4- D
Level 3- E
Level 2- F
Level 1- G

That probably won't be completely accurate though, just like using GCSE results to predict A-levels isn't always accurate. You might have slacked off a bit at KS3 but then work really hard at GCSE or vice versa, you might have crap teachers at KS3 but good ones at GCSE or vice versa, you might improve more in certain subjects than others etc etc.

You could only get a level 7 in the english & science exam but you could get an 8 in maths but you could get teacher assessments of straight 8's! :smile: According to that scale and my SATs predictions -

English's - AA
Maths - A*
Science - AA (but I really want an A*! :biggrin:)
Reply 3
KS3 Sats are by no means accurate evidence for predicting GCSE grades (even though they seemed such a huge deal when I was doing them... :redface:). Level 8 is only attainable through special extension papers or teacher assessment (apart from Maths, where there are 3 tiers and you can get a level 8).
Excalibur
KS3 Sats are by no means accurate evidence for predicting GCSE grades (even though they seemed such a huge deal when I was doing them... :redface:). Level 8 is only attainable through special extension papers or teacher assessment (apart from Maths, where there are 3 tiers and you can get a level 8).

Excalibur, you don't do them papers, level 8 overall has been scrapped in the SATs for english and science! I would have done them otherwise! :redface:
smallguy54321
According to that scale and my SATs predictions -

English's - AA
Maths - A*
Science - AA (but I really want an A*! :biggrin:)

You won't necessarily get those though. According to my SATs and teacher assessments, I should have got BB in science but got AA, an A in French but got an A* and a B in history but got an A. Of course, I also should have got an A in maths but got a B and an A* in RE but got an A, which just shows you they can go down as well as up :p:
Reply 6
well for my KS3 SATs I got all level 7s and for my GCSEs in English, Maths and Science I got 5A*s (triple science, english lang and Maths) and 1 A (in English Lit).
Reply 7
KS3 exams are a waste of space, they really aren't needed. Our school used our results in them to stream our GCSE classes but it would have been better for the school to set their own exams because then people wouldn't worry because they aren't external exams which can seem a bit intimidating.
kellywood_5
You won't necessarily get those though. According to my SATs and teacher assessments, I should have got BB in science but got AA, an A in French but got an A* and a B in history but got an A. Of course, I also should have got an A in maths but got a B and an A* in RE but got an A, which just shows you they can go down as well as up :p:

sorry, I'm not saying I'm gonna get those grades, i'm just saying if that system was entirely true and was always right, those would be the grades I would get! :redface: :p: :biggrin:
Reply 9
I got 777 but there is no way ill be getting AA in science or english.. im aiming for AB. Things change :/
I got
8- Maths
7- english
7- science
and in my GCSEs i got
A- maths
AA- English
A*A*- science.

I think if you get 7s and 8s at KS3 then you will probably get A*/A/B at GCSE.
from ks3 to gcse:

10=a* (you cant get it at KS3)
9=a (you cant get it at KS3)
8=b
7=c
etc.
etc.
I had that done by my deputy head.

What they do is you get a certain number of points for every level 7 or level 6 or whatever you get, then they add those up from your english maths and science then they show you on a graph.
Reply 13
i got two 6's and a 7 in sci. was told i was 1 mark off a 7 in english, and few marks off a 7 in maths! my teacher said i should be aiming for an A* in sci, which is weird as our school doesnt get many A*'s!
motoroller
from ks3 to gcse:

10=a* (you cant get it at KS3)
9=a (you cant get it at KS3)
8=b
7=c
etc.
etc.

yep, my teacher told is this! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending