The Student Room Group

GCSE Students - What subjects will you take for A-Levels?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thatgirlbecky
wohoo I'm not the only stationary mad and crazily organised year 11 on here! :biggrin: I'm taking Maths, German and Sociology AQA and Economics Edexcel and although I haven't bought anything yet, I have started thinking about colour-coding, where I'm going to put notes etc. :lol:

Original post by MissMuffin95
Yay! I'm not the only one who loves my stuff to be all organised well in advance! Still need to decide on colours for each subject :s-smilie:

We are so cool :cool:

I salute you for your rather nerdy attractiveness. Most people I know are incapable of bringing one bloody black pen to school. Fools.
Reply 961
Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Economics, French :biggrin:
Original post by Alexandra's Box
We are so cool :cool:

I salute you for your rather nerdy attractiveness. Most people I know are incapable of bringing one bloody black pen to school. Fools.

:mad: Tell me about it, and when they do manage to bring in a pen its either red or green. Really irritates me when people ask to lend them their stuff :mad:
Reply 963
Original post by thatgirlbecky
wohoo I'm not the only stationary mad and crazily organised year 11 on here! :biggrin: I'm taking Maths, German and Sociology AQA and Economics Edexcel and although I haven't bought anything yet, I have started thinking about colour-coding, where I'm going to put notes etc. :lol:

Oooh, me too! :biggrin: I am planning to have a different colour plastic wallet for each subject so far it is...

Pink = Politics
Blue = History
Green (hopefully) = English
White = Philosophy
Original post by MissMuffin95
:mad: Tell me about it, and when they do manage to bring in a pen its either red or green. Really irritates me when people ask to lend them their stuff :mad:

I have a friend who is, for her own sake, far TOO GENEROUS with her pens. Every class - Science, English, History - one or both of two particular and EXTREMELY ANNOYING males will go, "Can I borrow a pen, Luuuuuuucy?"

Lucy's not her name but they whine the syllable like that :biggrin:

A few weeks ago, one broke the pen with his constant idiotic drumming-and-dropping combo whereupon the pen ends up on the floor 10x a minute.
But she still is too kind to say "PISS OFF" like yours truly.

Makes me want to KILL.

Anyway, yeah. Needed to say that. :tongue:
Original post by aefli
Oooh, me too! :biggrin: I am planning to have a different colour plastic wallet for each subject so far it is...

Pink = Politics
Blue = History
White = Philosophy

:sexface:

Why I love TSR.
Original post by aefli

Pink = Politics
Blue = History
White = Philosophy

So glad I'm not the only freakily organized person out there :smile:
Reply 967
ahhhhh, you have found us. :biggrin:
:biggrin: just noticed I'm doing 3 out of 4 subjects the same as you next year
Reply 969
Hey I'm in Y13 now I would just like to give the best advice there is in my opinion:

PLEASE research the courses you might want to study in two years at university and the subjects they require. I know many people who could not apply to certain universities because they had picked the wrong course.

Good luck everyone!
Geography, History, German and Biology :biggrin:
Original post by Nanometre
At my college interview I put down Physics, Maths, Economics and Government and Politics, plus a Spanish short course as I didn't take a modern language at GCSE. At enrollment I think I'll change G+P to Chemistry or Further Maths. I'm looking to do Physics at university, which would be best to do?

FM would probably help you the most depending on which modules are on it. My son did M FM & P and there was 1 mechanics module in M and 3 in FM which made Physics A level quite a bit more straightforward. It doesn't overlap totally obviously, but it's a similar way of thinking so does really help.

Best thing to do is check the websites of the various unis that you're interested in and see which A levels they like. Usually Physics / Maths etc degrees are happy to count Maths and FM as two A levels but some universities like to see a wider range of subjects.
Politics, law, sociology and psychology :smile:
Reply 973
Original post by Heptapus
It depends on what you are hoping to study at university.
What are you hoping to study?

I'm not sure, if i was good at bio,chem and maths and would do something science related but I don't think I would be that brilliant at them...
Original post by dippers
I'm not sure, if i was good at bio,chem and maths and would do something science related but I don't think I would be that brilliant at them...

Okay then, what are you passionate for?
Either

Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Physics or,
Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Economics

:O Ill decide after i get my results :tongue:
Why are so many people doing 5. We were informed that there was no benefit what so ever of doing 5 other that if you don't know what subjects to choose and therefor will drop one in the first couple of weeks.

I wanted to do 5; Maths, Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Instead I am going to do 4 (Drop further maths.)
(edited 12 years ago)
I was going to do psychology, biology, i.t and history as stated previously in the thread, but now changed to maths, psychology, biology and history :smile: may change biology to either physics or english language depending on my results
Reply 978
I'm going to do English Language, Geography & Photography.

If I get the chance to do four, I'll add Biology onto the list.
Original post by Mr Young

Original post by gravitationalpull

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1947491

GMD was lying about 600/600 in further maths it seems. On this thread he says he has an A* in A level maths but he has not yet done A Level Further Maths. And this is 3 weeks ago he has put this lool

That letter was also some sort of a forge.

Quick Reply

Latest