The Student Room Group

GCSE Students - What subjects will you take for A-Levels?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1140
I've been provisionally accepted to do Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and History but History may change to either English Lit-Lang or Economics.
I'm taking Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths and Economics to AS and will probably drop FM for A-level
I'm picking Scottish highers, am I allowed to join in? :tongue:

Physics
Maths
Chemistry
Biology

I'm undecided on my fifth. I have to choose between English and geography. I don't particularly like either so I need to pick based on which is easiest. If only you could do further maths in Scotland, that would be perfect. Anybody want to help me pick?
Guys just be careful and make appropiate and well revised choices. After I did my GCSE and got my results last year.. I was like thinking my self as a super guy who can handle any subject. I made a desicion to take hard subjects like Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Then I did start of well, but then now when final exams are coming, I have lost hope a little. Seriously like a lot of teachers and pupil might say. It is a BIG step from GCSE. So take the opportunity to prepare yourself during the summer.
Well I'm doing IB :biggrin: !
Reply 1145
Maths
Chemistry
Biology
English (Only for AS though!)
One bit of advice is check really carefully just how much coursework is involved. A boy I know in Yr 12 is doing Art, Technology, Geography and English and is completely snowed under with coursework to the point where he is losing revision time because of being so backed up on his coursework. Not quite sure who from the school advised him that it would be a good combo but it really isn't working for him at all! Coursework at AS and A2 can be absolutely colossal so be well warned!
Physics, Biology, Chemistry and (Oh dear) Maths.

I'm relatively confident with Biology and Chemistry at moment. I *need* Maths to move into what I'd like to do at University, and I'm an A/A* student in it, but I've been scared by the prospect of the 'leap'. I'm also strong in Physics, but I was considering dropping it to accommodate for an essay-based subject, as they are my strongest areas.

I'm already doing an English Combined AS early, so I'll have an essay-AS grade but it's more about the sheer volume of work at A-Level I'm scared of - doing 3 Sciences and Maths could well be a big mistake.

Help!
Changed my mind.

Maths, Spanish, Religious Studies, Computing.
(edited 11 years ago)
My A-Levels are:
Maths (Already done - A*)
Further Maths
Physics
Computing
History
General Studies (probably AS only)
Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Geography

I hope to take up Further Maths also along the way somewhere
Reply 1151
Really considering Chemistry!!!!
Anyone with a brain thinking of taking up OCR biology, I recommend against it.
I'm hopefully taking

Biology
Chemistry
Maths
Economics

:smile:
i have got 2A*'s in science already is that good???
im doing chem bio maths Geog
whats schools did everyone get into??
Reply 1156
English Language, English Literature, Law, History and Critical Thinking. But I'll drop Critical Thinking at the end of the first year, so I'll get four A-Levels and one AS-Level. :smile:
Reply 1157
Most likely taking Biology, Chemistry History and French but not sure about the french after the listening paper today haha.
Reply 1158
I'm doing Maths/Further Maths, Physics (Pre-U maybe), French and Latin :smile:
Reply 1159
Original post by izzyd16
Most likely taking Biology, Chemistry History and French but not sure about the french after the listening paper today haha.

Did you do OCR or AQA French?

Quick Reply