Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GCSE Students - What subjects will you take for A-Levels?

Announcements Posted on
Study Help needs new mods! 14-04-2014
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bambi_eyes)
    I'm almost definitely doing:

Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Literature
    :bhangra:
    I'm doing the exact same

Scared about Chemistry because according to TSR OCR B Salters is evil
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maths, Chemistry, Biology and History!
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Young)
    Doing exactly the same as you except swap Biology for Chemistry!
    woo! Good choice then ahha
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GMD)
    I dislike being grouped with people who imo are average. If I apply to cambridge, and they have some folks flicking through applications with boredom: "4 a levels, 4 a levels, 4 a levels...yawn...oh a 5 a level guy...4 a levels...4 a levels...OH SNAP 6? With 2 already completed? with A* in both? gogogogo get this guy
    I thought you already had an unconditional offer from ICL. :rofl: Isn't that what you made up in another thread? :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maths + Further Maths, Chemistry, Economics, Spanish and Philosophy :P
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    nuked
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GMD)
    I dislike being grouped with people who imo are average. If I apply to cambridge, and they have some folks flicking through applications with boredom: "4 a levels, 4 a levels, 4 a levels...yawn...oh a 5 a level guy...4 a levels...4 a levels...OH SNAP 6? With 2 already completed? with A* in both? gogogogo get this guy
    You are stupid. Go check the admissions for Cambridge. Having so many A-Levels does not give you an advantage unless you have like 23 like that Pakistani guy. Cambridge also looks at UMS so if you have say 85% average in 6 and another person has 90+ % in 3-5 A-Levels then they will be picked over you. Take 5 max in my opinion.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Maths, music, chemistry, biology, philosophy
    Want to become a psychiatrist, hopefully
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    maths + further, physics, chemistry, biology
    ahh im either gonna die or quickly change one to philosophy or computing
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Physics, Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry... There seem to be an aweful lot of people on here doing further maths... I had got the impression it was one of the more unpopular subjects
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    nuked
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maths, Physics, Biology and Geography
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gravitationalpull)
    You are stupid. Go check the admissions for Cambridge. Having so many A-Levels does not give you an advantage unless you have like 23 like that Pakistani guy. Cambridge also looks at UMS so if you have say 85% average in 6 and another person has 90+ % in 3-5 A-Levels then they will be picked over you. Take 5 max in my opinion.
    You're saying that to someone who supposedly got an unconditional offer to read Mathematics at Imperial College London at the age of fifteen. Just thought I'd say.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riemann_1/n^s)
    Physics, Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry... There seem to be an aweful lot of people on here doing further maths... I had got the impression it was one of the more unpopular subjects
    TSR generally has a smarter population than average. Well that's what the grades people are expecting show. Overall, not many people take it however the number of students are increasing. You are doing the same combination as me Hi-5!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    nuked
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tissue_26)
    Maths, music, chemistry, biology, philosophy
    Want to become a psychiatrist, hopefully
    Have you considered psychology as a subject choice at A level?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by und)
    You're saying that to someone who supposedly got an unconditional offer to read Mathematics at Imperial College London at the age of fifteen. Just thought I'd say.
    Oh well, he didn't deserve to go if he thinks that more than 4 A-Levels will give him any sort of 'advantage'. I personally am doing 5 but not because I want Oxbridge to go 'OMG' that guy is awesome. I'm doing Maths, FMaths, Physics, Chemistry and Economics so I have an option to go into Finance or Physics. This guy just seems to be boasting. I advise him not to because a robot and study 6 A-Levels; it will leave you no time for work placements, extra curriculars and more that will help build your character. Oxbridge does not want working robots; we are working on artificial intelligence for a reason.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Economics
    But I'll probably cut down to 4 for A2 and do the EPQ as well

(Original post by gravitationalpull)
    I'm doing Maths, FMaths, Physics, Chemistry and Economics
    Same!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Spanish, Maths, English Literature and French.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GMD)
    Don't be jealous. Although I suppose haters gonna hate.
    No one is jealous Mr. Arrogant. Why don't you provide us with some evidence? Scan the acceptance letter or something and post it here. Word of mouth doesn't help really.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: August 24, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.