The Student Room Group

Does it still count if...

I have something that's been nagging away at me, I screwed up badly on the non-cauclator paper for Edexcel Maths and got around 18/19 out of 60. I have to ask, will this still get a grade and be counted towards my UMS score? I know it's low, but I don't think it will be a U will it? Added onto my other score it should be around 43/120 which is enough for my TG of a C.
Reply 1
Found out that it's roughly 7&8 on both papers to get 15 for an E overall so I take it that my 18&25 would count for a D overall but with enough UMS to get my target grade of a C.

Am I correct here?
Reply 2
Original post by MerodM

Original post by MerodM
Found out that it's roughly 7&8 on both papers to get 15 for an E overall so I take it that my 18&25 would count for a D overall but with enough UMS to get my target grade of a C.

Am I correct here?

Yh u r correct as far as i know. Higher papers do not give an E i dont think
Reply 3
Original post by Don_HH
Yh u r correct as far as i know. Higher papers do not give an E i dont think

Even then, for a D on a higher it's about 11 on the non-calc and 15 on the calc giving 26 overall so roughly speaking I'll have got a D on the non-calc but it will still be counted as a D as I'm above the minimum with my 25 on the calc adding up to 43 which counts for something like 115 UMS, getting me over the boundary for a C :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by MerodM

Original post by MerodM
Even then, for a D on a higher it's about 11 on the non-calc and 15 on the calc giving 26 overall so roughly speaking I'll have got a D on the non-calc but it will still be counted as a D as I'm above the minimum with my 25 on the calc adding up to 43 which counts for something like 115 UMS, getting me over the boundary for a C :smile:

have you seen if u can retake the exam,
Reply 5
Original post by Don_HH
have you seen if u can retake the exam,

Well, if the boundary for a D overall is something in the mid to high twenties raw marks, I've gotten a D as I am sure I have 40-43 raw marks and with it 100 UMS. At present, I need 86 UMS minimum for a C so I've gotten my target grade of a C so I wouldn't need to re-take.

I just need confirming that 19 on the non-calculator will still be marked even if it is low (I think so as a D on non-calc is usually in the early ten's) and will contribute to my 24 on the calculator giving me the 43 overall (a D) but the necessary 100 UMS to get a C

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending