Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The (un)Official Thread for Access to HE 2011!

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RinniieX)
    12 more class days to go, its going to be probably the happiest day of my life when I finnish this course! woohoo!
    Oh goodness, is that all? Will you really be happy to finish? I think I'll miss college although definately feel ready to move onto something bigger now.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Firstly well done to everyone who will be finished soon.

Im hoping to study an access to he in business in sept at lcc. Then i wish to go liverpool hope for business management degree.

I have level 2 maths and english at present.

I dont have a clue about ucas points system and if this route is even possible.

As most of you are were i'd like to be this time next year, please can you help me make sence of what i need to do. Should i apply for uni/finance now? Will hope have me? I have asked college for more info still waiting.

Thanks for any help and good luck with next few weeks

k
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katilda)

Im hoping to study an access to he in business in sept at lcc. Then i wish to go liverpool hope for business management degree.

As most of you are were i'd like to be this time next year, please can you help me make sence of what i need to do. Should i apply for uni/finance now? Will hope have me? I have asked college for more info still waiting.

k
    I think UCAS opens for 2013 entry in September 2012. Student finance really kicks in from Jan 2013 for Sept 2013 entry. But there is nothing to stop you setting up accounts on both systems in preparation.

If your the type who gets frustrated waiting then consider when you apply to UCAS. Some Uni's will make early offers, but even those that do often do not make the bulk of offers until after the January 16th deadline. There are a significant number of universities that state up front that they do not make offers at all until after the 16th of Jan deadline. They can be very rigid on this policy. For example Sheffield Hallum and Nottingham Trent. The Universities that have this rigid policy seem to be the "new" universities, but offers were still coming out in April from many universities, for folks who applied in October..... If you apply in October and your waiting until March for offers, your resolve and emotional resilience will be tested to the limit .

I don't know Liverpool Hope, but LJM had an absolutely trend busting record number of applications this year. Check that Hope will accept the access course you are signing up for.

UCAS points do not apply to Access to HE courses. But there is an initiative underway to address that gap, along with certain other qualifications which currently have no UCAS points tariff. This initiative, I know about it because I was invited to complete a survey on the proposals, is a different one to the A level review you may have read about in the media.

Other than that ..... good luck and remember patience is a virtue....
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jami74)
    Oh goodness, is that all? Will you really be happy to finish? I think I'll miss college although definately feel ready to move onto something bigger now.
    yep that is all, 11 after today! woo hoo! i will be the HAPPIEST to finnish i'm pretty much hating the course at the moment have done for some time!

(Original post by katilda)

k
    Alot of people from my course have just been accepted onto courses to LCC and 2 to Hope and a few to JMU so the route you''re taking should be fine (although not for business courses etc although i do no LCC do a business access course so may be harder to get into maybe? who knows)
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    yep that is all, 11 after today! woo hoo! i will be the HAPPIEST to finnish i'm pretty much hating the course at the moment have done for some time!
    Welll done for sticking at it then, it is harder doing something that you don't enjoy.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I understand why they are striking, I know that my teachers don't really want to strike and lose another days pay but I am still feeling a little bit annoyed about it. I really need those last revision classes for two of my exam subjects . Saying that both teachers have gone out of their way to try and fit us in for a bit of revision elsewhere so they are doing everything they can under the circumstances.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I understand why they are striking, I know that my teachers don't really want to strike and lose another days pay but I am still feeling a little bit annoyed about it. I really need those last revision classes for two of my exam subjects . Saying that both teachers have gone out of their way to try and fit us in for a bit of revision elsewhere so they are doing everything they can under the circumstances.
    I didn't know teachers went on strike.

Back in the late 70s, after a series of teachers strikes, pupils all over the country went on strike, it was different.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:

(Original post by evening sunrise)
    I didn't know teachers went on strike.

Back in the late 70s, after a series of teachers strikes, pupils all over the country went on strike, it was different.

teachers strking again? or talking about past times?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    teachers strking again? or talking about past times?
    Mine should have said "I did not know the teachers were going on strike."

Back in the 70s they did and then the pupils did it back. Started at a school in the midlands , it was broad cast on the news and then the other schools follwed suit. Well at least it was a day off
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually quite looking forward to the exam next week! It's been so long since I've had a proper one. Still going to be really nervous, though
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _N_)
    I'm actually quite looking forward to the exam next week! It's been so long since I've had a proper one. Still going to be really nervous, though
    What exam?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What exam?
    We get to pick one of our three main subjects to take an exam in. It counts as part of study skills though, so we have to show our revision time tables we've made and evaluate it, as the exam only counts as one of our assessment criteria...but I'm still looking forward to it. We get the rest of the week off, so that's a plus, too
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _N_)
    We get to pick one of our three main subjects to take an exam in. It counts as part of study skills though, so we have to show our revision time tables we've made and evaluate it, as the exam only counts as one of our assessment criteria...but I'm still looking forward to it. We get the rest of the week off, so that's a plus, too
    Only one exam? Lucky you. We are doing the same study skills unit with revision timetable etc but we do exams in all our subjects.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Only one exam? Lucky you. We are doing the same study skills unit with revision timetable etc but we do exams in all our subjects.
    I think they meant they chose one exam to do now, rather than all together, i think i have an english exam next week or the week after! next week i also have to do 2 possibly three presentations, hand in another 3 assignments and THEN can focus on the big exams! haha 4 weeks to go 4 weeks! hurry up septemberrr!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    10 Class days left! WAHOO!
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    The end feels so close now. I have just emptied and put away two of my folders. No more chemistry practical work (portfolio submitted) and no more IT (last assignment submitted).
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    All my classes are coming to an end now, my work all has to be submitted by 1st June. Getting so close it is scary.

My days are getting shorter at college as well now the tutors have taught us all we need, just the pigging level 2 stuff that is annoying and frustrating to pretty much go in for.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soule)
    All my classes are coming to an end now, my work all has to be submitted by 1st June. Getting so close it is scary.

My days are getting shorter at college as well now the tutors have taught us all we need, just the pigging level 2 stuff that is annoying and frustrating to pretty much go in for.
    Our days are getting shorter too, this is supposed to be our last teaching week. It is exciting putting all our work together but a bit strange when our teachers end the lesson with "It's been nice teaching you, good luck in the exams"

Am I the only one sitting up all night finishing assignments and revising? I'm feeling a bit lonely here.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Our days are getting shorter too, this is supposed to be our last teaching week. It is exciting putting all our work together but a bit strange when our teachers end the lesson with "It's been nice teaching you, good luck in the exams"

Am I the only one sitting up all night finishing assignments and revising? I'm feeling a bit lonely here.
    I am right there with you, 2am is an early night for me at moment
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soule)
    I am right there with you, 2am is an early night for me at moment

same, in the past two days alone i have completed like 3 or 4 various assignments, i seem to have let myself lag behind a little but only with level two and study skills and the like, not the big stuff! i physically cannot WAIT to finnish the damn course!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: September 23, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.