The Student Room Group

The (un)Official Thread for Access to HE 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheSarahJayne
Had my last exam yesterday and all finished now too. It feels really odd now that i don't have any assignments on the go or exams to revise for. Feel a bit lost and also sad that i won't have anymore lessons with my class. I hope i enjoy uni just as much as i enjoyed doing my Access course!

I am sure you will enjoy the next chapter in your life TheSarahJayne and all the best with your degree ^_^
(edited 11 years ago)
I have 3 exams over the next 2 days, hopefully I can keep my straight distinction form up until the end, I have the required mark for uni but I'm a bit of a perfectionist and would be gutted if I dropped the ball now lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I'm nearly at the end of access to he social science! started Sept 2011
I finish my Access course tomorrow, can't believe it's gone so fast! To anyone thinking about doing one, go for it! Best experience of my life- exhausting, stressful at times, but exhilarating and I've met a fabulous group of people too as a bonus. Next stop - UWE in September! :biggrin: Ju
Reply 1484
Original post by frazzleju
I finish my Access course tomorrow, can't believe it's gone so fast! To anyone thinking about doing one, go for it! Best experience of my life- exhausting, stressful at times, but exhilarating and I've met a fabulous group of people too as a bonus. Next stop - UWE in September! :biggrin: Ju

its good to see you enjoyed your access course, my experience has been some what different, i hated it from about 3 months in, i found the work load to be too slow etc too many presentations and the group of people have been absoloutely terrible! so many problems occuring all the time over nothing its all been very juvenile! but! this time in 4 months we will have been in university for a few weeks and i can't WAIT! its come around so fast!

GOOD LUCK to EVERYBODY for your exam results, for going to uni, and for youre graduation in three years time! :wink: :redface:
Original post by RinniieX
its good to see you enjoyed your access course, my experience has been some what different, i hated it from about 3 months in, i found the work load to be too slow etc too many presentations and the group of people have been absoloutely terrible! so many problems occuring all the time over nothing its all been very juvenile! but! this time in 4 months we will have been in university for a few weeks and i can't WAIT! its come around so fast!

GOOD LUCK to EVERYBODY for your exam results, for going to uni, and for youre graduation in three years time! :wink: :redface:

Oh thats a shame - we had a few people at the beginning who mucked about or moaned a lot but once they'd dropped out everyone else was very supportive of each other, it we were a wide range of ages which may've helped. I found it went fast but then I didn't have hardly any presentations, I've been essay writing on the whole luckily, with a few under exam conditions - just shows how varied access can be and at least we can all achieve our dreams, no matter how the course goes :]
Good luck to you too! :]

Thanks for the good luck RinniieX.I am still got one more graded assignment to do now and thats it for me studywise.I just need to submit the remainder assignments in soon and then wait to see what i get.
All the best with your university studies ^_^ i am sure u will do well :biggrin:
Reply 1487
Original post by frazzleju
Oh thats a shame - we had a few people at the beginning who mucked about or moaned a lot but once they'd dropped out everyone else was very supportive of each other, it we were a wide range of ages which may've helped. I found it went fast but then I didn't have hardly any presentations, I've been essay writing on the whole luckily, with a few under exam conditions - just shows how varied access can be and at least we can all achieve our dreams, no matter how the course goes :]
Good luck to you too! :]

the courses do vary! i think it does depend on the people in your class too, the ages in my class ranged from 20 to 60, and the class had a very obvious divide in it, even people in other classes saw it! which is ridiculous haha! thanks for the luck! im going to need it! XD

Original post by wizardtop
Thanks for the good luck RinniieX.I am still got one more graded assignment to do now and thats it for me studywise.I just need to submit the remainder assignments in soon and then wait to see what i get.
All the best with your university studies ^_^ i am sure u will do well :biggrin:

you're welcome wizardtop! ::smile: i have just emailed over my he tool kit work and thats it now! i just have exams to focus on!
Original post by jami74
Good luck with the rest of your distinctions. I've also got 21 credits yet to recieve, fingers crossed for distinctions.

The other day a few of us went for a drink and every so often someone would say "I can't believe its nearly over and we won't see each other again". The end seems so sudden, lessons finished a couple of weeks ago but because there were exams there was no big good-bye. I secretly have a little crush on someone and the thought of not seeing them in lessons anymore...:cry2:

Go tell him/her. "The truth will set you free"

Also, goodluck on the rest of ur exams :biggrin:
Bah had my history exam today on 'war and peace in the middle east' it's fair to say I dropped the ball big time, no way I'm keeping my straight Distinction score I was hoping for :frown:

Reply 1490
Original post by Shomberlon
Bah had my history exam today on 'war and peace in the middle east' it's fair to say I dropped the ball big time, no way I'm keeping my straight Distinction score I was hoping for :frown:

I'm sure you did fine! why do you think you're going to get any less than a distinction?
I'm sure you did fine! why do you think you're going to get any less than a distinction?

I messed the timing up, 3 questions worth 50 points each, and two hours to complete it. I took way to much time on the first two which gave me 15 mins to complete the last, and even them I'm not sure I was critical enough

Reply 1492
I messed the timing up, 3 questions worth 50 points each, and two hours to complete it. I took way to much time on the first two which gave me 15 mins to complete the last, and even them I'm not sure I was critical enough

oh no way i have to write three essays myself in two hours, for both my exams so 6 essays in 4 hours, you're not filling me with confidence here! haha

saying that for my first assignment we had to do a timed essay, an hour to do roughly 1000 words, which was when broken down in three bits, and like you i only had 10-15 mins to do the last 1/3 but i somehow managed to walk away with a distinction even though i thought i buggered it up, so maybe you have too :biggrin:
oh no way i have to write three essays myself in two hours, for both my exams so 6 essays in 4 hours, you're not filling me with confidence here! haha

saying that for my first assignment we had to do a timed essay, an hour to do roughly 1000 words, which was when broken down in three bits, and like you i only had 10-15 mins to do the last 1/3 but i somehow managed to walk away with a distinction even though i thought i buggered it up, so maybe you have too :biggrin:

I think I'm stressing over nothing really as I only need a merit, however I didn't do that well at school and now in the only one in the year to have all distinctions I want to see that through to the end and have a faultless year.

Reply 1494
I think I'm stressing over nothing really as I only need a merit, however I didn't do that well at school and now in the only one in the year to have all distinctions I want to see that through to the end and have a faultless year.

makes sense! and theres nothing wrong with holding high standards, but think of it as you need a merit, and a distinction is a massive bonus! : )

Definately happens that way every so often.

You come out thinking, that was a pig, I hope I waffled enough to pass and subsequently discover you have a distinction.

Sometimes things get turned around......
That's it I'm done, feel like I've messed each exam up, however I only need a average merit grade to get into Glasgow which even if I get a pass grade for each one I'll still get in.

Reply 1497
That's it I'm done, feel like I've messed each exam up, however I only need a average merit grade to get into Glasgow which even if I get a pass grade for each one I'll still get in.

well done! good luck in uni! :smile:
well done! good luck in uni! :smile:

Cheers, my exams were traumatic, my fault though left my revision really late and completely underestimated them.

Reply 1499
Our deadline for all the assignments to be in is 15th June. Still have a 3000 word research project to finish, half a dozen others outstanding and just got given a new 3 part assignment yesterday. Trying to not panic so I can actually do the things!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending