The Student Room Group

The (un)Official Thread for Access to HE 2011!

A thread for all of us lucky mature older people starting various access to HE courses this coming september!

(original post)...

I'm 21 and starting an access course this coming september to do psychology with criminology, and wondering if anyone else is starting an access course this september? and if anyone knows their start date yet? (or rough start date) as I am completely clueless but VERY excited :biggrin:

On a side note, does anybody who has done an access course before know when the exams are for it?

Thanks! :smile:

(http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2045427&p=38373561 - thread for NEXT year guys! get on it!)
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by RinniieX
I'm 21 and starting an access course this coming september to do psychology with criminology, and wondering if anyone else is starting an access course this september? and if anyone knows their start date yet? (or rough start date) as I am completely clueless but VERY excited :biggrin:

On a side note, does anybody who has done an access course before know when the exams are for it?

Hey im starting a access to humanities this september and will be aiming to go down a business/accounting route. I get enrolled at the end of august and start mid september and I think a majority of access course will work in this way. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by geekay1
Hey im starting a access to humanities this september and will be aiming to go down a business/accounting route. I get enrolled at the end of august and start mid september and I think a majority of access course will work in this way. :smile:

fabfabfab! thank you very muchhh! :smile: i'm so excited to start my course! good luck in yours!

do you have an idea of when the exams will be at all?
Reply 3
fabfabfab! thank you very muchhh! :smile: i'm so excited to start my course! good luck in yours!

do you have an idea of when the exams will be at all?

Don't have a clue about exams and stuff. Time just seems to be dragging at the moment, just want it to be the end of august lol
Reply 4
Original post by geekay1
Don't have a clue about exams and stuff. Time just seems to be dragging at the moment, just want it to be the end of august lol

same!! we need to start not wanting to do the courses and then it will fly over in no time THEN we can be excited! haha
Reply 5
same!! we need to start not wanting to do the courses and then it will fly over in no time THEN we can be excited! haha

Have you got any ideas on unis yet?
Reply 6
im hoping to stay in liverpool, either the university of liverpool or john moores but preferably UoL. i want to stay in the surrounding area really dont want to go to far away! how about you?
Reply 7
I've just finished one. Be prepared for the easiest year of your life :smile:

I think exam times can vary wildly depending on the access course you are on! We had a bunch just after Christmas holidays and had our final exams at the start of June (last one was 8th) but this could be very different for different courses.
Reply 9
Original post by acat

?
when did you do your exams :smile:
Reply 10
?
when did you do your exams :smile:

Week before last. I only had 2 exams at the end of the year and one of them was seen, though courses seem to differ quite a lot across the country. Good luck!
Reply 11
Heya!

I'm starting an access course this sept, i'm super excited!

I'm doing Business, Law, ICT and English. I'm looking at applying for either BA accounting and finance, BA accounting and law or BA accounting and management.

It'll be good to see how you all get on with the course!

I have an induction for my course tomorrow night, i can't wait :smile:

Hannah
xx
Original post by 1991
Heya!

I'm doing Business, Law, ICT and English. I'm looking at applying for either BA accounting and finance, BA accounting and law or BA accounting and management.

Hannah
xx

hows it going chums!

so glad somebody started a thread on this subject. im 21 aswell and ive just applied for a business and enterprise access course, literally a couple of hours ago... do you think its to late to be applying for September? i could still apply online but im very worried about the fact that i might have applied to late!

anyway, i see by some of your posts ^^^ that, it looks like some of you are applying for more then one access course? is that the case? or is it just that the course you have chosen covers a broad prospectus?

anybody else been out of education for a while and nervous about studying again?
Reply 13
Original post by 1991
Heya!

Hannah
xx

whats an induction to the course (sorry to sound daft lol) does everyone get that? bit early isnt it! lol

Original post by tidbury1415
hows it going chums!

so glad somebody started a thread on this subject. im 21 aswell and ive just applied for a business and enterprise access course, literally a couple of hours ago... do you think its to late to be applying for September? i could still apply online but im very worried about the fact that i might have applied to late!

anyway, i see by some of your posts ^^^ that, it looks like some of you are applying for more then one access course? is that the case? or is it just that the course you have chosen covers a broad prospectus?

anybody else been out of education for a while and nervous about studying again?

hey! im sure you havent applied to late, as far as im aware my college r now interviewing for access courses and other adult courses too :smile: so prob about the right time to apply! i was just a bit too eager and applied in december/january! haha
Reply 14
Original post by tidbury1415
hows it going chums!

hey :wavey:

ok so with my access course (humanities) you have to chose 3 main modules out of 6, for me its business, law and biology, so as far as I'm aware there is no one that is doing more than one access course at a time as this would be a extremely high work load.

as for you applying now, this shouldn't be a problem. I initially applied for mine a good few months ago but 2-3 weeks ago decided I wanted to do the humanities one and not the media I originally applied for as it would give me a bigger choice of courses to apply to at uni, since then I have had my interview and been accepted onto the humanities one :biggrin:

Good luck with getting your place and I hope to see you in the soon to be made (hopefully) access course 2011 thread :biggrin:
Reply 15
im hoping to stay in liverpool, either the university of liverpool or john moores but preferably UoL. i want to stay in the surrounding area really dont want to go to far away! how about you?

I'm hoping to go to either university of Birmingham, Aston or Durham. The high expectations I have for myself will either leave to a big disappointment for me or a very happy 21 year old going to university next year. :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by acat

It cant be that easy lol do you have any idea on the grades you got/will get and what course you did.
Reply 17
Original post by geekay1
I'm hoping to go to either university of Birmingham, Aston or Durham. The high expectations I have for myself will either leave to a big disappointment for me or a very happy 21 year old going to university next year. :biggrin:

well i wish you all the luck i have! im sure youl get in to one of your chosen uni's! i have no idea how all this works (the uni lark) but i really cant wait to get started! this time in 1 year we will be waiting to see if we have our uni places GAHHHH! :danceboy:
Reply 18
well i wish you all the luck i have! im sure youl get in to one of your chosen uni's! i have no idea how all this works (the uni lark) but i really cant wait to get started! this time in 1 year we will be waiting to see if we have our uni places GAHHHH! :danceboy:

yup I cant wait by the end of this year we should of either sent of our applications or be very close to sending them, I really cant wait lol.
Reply 19
Original post by geekay1
It cant be that easy lol do you have any idea on the grades you got/will get and what course you did.

Distinction, lulz. I reckon it's just easier because I'm a bit older and wiser than doing a similar level 3 course at 17. Access to HE Humanities and Social Science was the course.

Quick Reply

Latest