The Student Room Group

I want to work for the MI6

Preferably a general manager. What subjects do you think I should excel at? Do I need to be physically fit? What would be a suitable degree? :smile:
EDIT: Would one of my strongest subjects need to be French or English (my worst)
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
bump
Reply 3
Original post by green tree
Preferably a general manager. What subjects do you think I should excel at? Do I need to be physically fit? What would be a suitable degree? :smile:
EDIT: Would one of my strongest subjects need to be French or English (my worst)

I think they would take only the brightest at all round subject areas... probably someone who has done a degree at uni i would think at least. they are not going to need you to be perfect, they would train you up but i do think you have to be very intellegent. There are many different jobs within the organisation i'm sure, so physical fitness probably isn't key for all of them... what made you think about this as a carrer path?
Matt
You want to be a general manager at MI6?

Someone's been watching Goldeneye again...
Reply 5
Well, I think one of the terms and conditions of working for the Secret service is that you DO NOT tell anyone that you are working for them. Clue's in the name. :smile:
The advert said not to tell anyone except close trusted family members if you want to apply for the MI6. (Especially TSR)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by CoffeeStinks
The advert said not to tell anyone except close trusted family members if you want to apply for the MI5. (Especially TSR)

I dont work for the MI6, I'm only 16, I'm looking into what A-Levels would be suitable etc...
Reply 8
I don't think you need a specific degree or A Levels to get in, but maybe English or Communication Studies could be good? IT or Maths might help in certain divisions, depends which areas you'd want to get into.

And I think you can only apply when you're 18...
They are pretty 'transparent' with the roles and the recruitment process now so just look on the website.
Reply 10
Think about learning arabic/persian/ urdu/ kurdish. If you wanna be a spy for counter terrorism these would be useful
Reply 11
Did I not tell you guys that I am MI6 agent :smile: & my code is 007 :smile:
Reply 12
I think you also need to get a 1st from uni.
Go through the Graduate program.

I might possibly, but might not, yet might possibly, either way I can't tell you if I will, apply for the graduate schemes in MI6 when I come out of uni, which is a long way from now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending