The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield Law students 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lew1
I applied for the exact same course at Nottingham Trent :smile: Ah really, even with the big increase in tuition fees next year? I can see where you're coming from though, getting unconditional offers after a year out must be really satisfying, haha. What's actually the population of Gibraltar? Do you ever venture much into Spain for their nightlife??

Yeah most people to over to clubs in Spain every so often for a better night out :smile:, here as the drinking age is only 16 (therefore like 14 and 15 year olds are in the limited places) it can get a bit meh.

Ermm yeah i think i will take a year out, the tuition fees don't really affect me much and i'd rather go to a better uni, and maybe repeat History next year if i don't get the A than go to a lower ranking uni :smile:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 21
Original post by Joseanne16
Yeah most people to over to clubs in Spain every so often for a better night out :smile:, here as the drinking age is only 16 (therefore like 14 and 15 year olds are in the limited places) it can get a bit meh.

Ermm yeah i think i will take a year out, the tuition fees don't really affect me much and i'd rather go to a better uni, and maybe repeat History next year if i don't get the A than go to a lower ranking uni :smile:

Wow, 16! I didn't know that... Although yeah, I can imagine the younger teen situation getting annoying.

I know what you mean, I would probably have another shot at Cambridge if I took a gap year, but the idea of being in all that debt is stomach-churning :redface:
Reply 22
Original post by Lew1
Wow, 16! I didn't know that... Although yeah, I can imagine the younger teen situation getting annoying.

I know what you mean, I would probably have another shot at Cambridge if I took a gap year, but the idea of being in all that debt is stomach-churning :redface:

Yeah i heard about the tuition fees rising by quite a lot, i saw the riots on tv too, i would have probably joined them if i was in uni this year, students seem to have been the only ones who have actually taken like proper action against the government. It's not fair for some really, like the poorer people who might not be able to go to uni now!
Reply 23
Original post by Joseanne16
Yeah i heard about the tuition fees rising by quite a lot, i saw the riots on tv too, i would have probably joined them if i was in uni this year, students seem to have been the only ones who have actually taken like proper action against the government. It's not fair for some really, like the poorer people who might not be able to go to uni now!

Yeah it's a shame :mad: People will end up choosing universities based on price, rather than those that cater for their favourite course, which isn't right...

What's made you want to study Law then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending