The Student Room Group

AQA Psychology PSYA4 21st June.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurencebaker1
I blagged that table. :smile: And I didnt like that for Hovland Yale you only got 5 marks fr outlining. :/ I HAD SO MUCH TO SAY.

How much did all you guys write?

I was on the last page of the booklet! That's only because I did research methods first and had ages to spend on the essays, though. Media I must have written about 7 pages!
Original post by sunlightxstarbright
I was on the last page of the booklet! That's only because I did research methods first and had ages to spend on the essays, though. Media I must have written about 7 pages!

Yeah I'm so happy that I did RS first I rushed it in 45 mins and has ages for depression and media :smile: 7 pages collectively?
Yeah I'm so happy that I did RS first I rushed it in 45 mins and has ages for depression and media :smile: 7 pages collectively?

I didn't find the research questions too bad actually, for the results section I only put in what they suggested though so I hope that's enough. Yep 7 collectively, I felt there was so much to write about for each! The other schizophrenia question was one I'd done a model answer for and got 24 in class, so I basically just memorised and regurgitated that :colondollar: Media I felt like it took longer than 25 minutes? Maybe due to how much I wrote, but still.
That was the worst exam ever :/ so difficult, I hardly had anything to write for psychological explanations of OCD. and for the media, what the hell was that question about the advice for video games?! :frown: and the research methods was a joke... COULDN'T EVEN READ THAT TABLE PROPERLY :frown: gaahhh
Reply 84
literally the easiest exam i've ever sat :smile: you just have to regurgitate everything you've learnt/from the book and you get A's! I just remember the book off by heart. Love psychology, its such an easy subject to get As in
Reply 85
I did Schizophrenia, Media and obviously Research Methods...

I found Schizophrenia was a dream, and wrote about 4/5 pages for my easy which I hope is enough. Media was okay, I kinda waffled for the first part, think I might have slightly messed up the Hovland & Yale model but busted my gut in intense fandom and wrote all about Dressing et al's german postal study... Research methods was okay until possibly the last question where I may have slightly messed up the graph and table but other than that all seemes well...

Just have to wait and see how the results come out now.. Hope everyone else found it okay :smile:
Reply 86
Original post by jackylewri
That picture I can't tell if its yayyyy or nooooo!!!!

It's a yayyyy :biggrin:
Reply 87
Original post by jamezz
I found this also quite easy aand did like half of the research methods but im paniking cos i need 76UMS but in my college about 10ppl did the same so i hope the grade boundaries are low for this!

Original post by LibbyU
I found the exam really easy and barely revised for it. However, I thought there was only 2 pages of research methods! Because they decided to put like one question on it's own on the page then leave the rest blank. I thought I'd finished but I'd missed half of the research methods bit. Oh well, I can afford to drop at least 30 marks and still get an A overall so I'm not bothered... Didn't wanna do the design a study question anyway :P

I'm not a psychology student but that happened to every person in my year who did the psychology exam, bar one. Do you know if anyone else had this problem because they were thinking of complaining about it in my School?
Reply 88
Original post by QuirkyDoDo
I'm not a psychology student but that happened to every person in my year who did the psychology exam, bar one. Do you know if anyone else had this problem because they were thinking of complaining about it in my School?

I just know that a lot of people at my school missed it too. why would you leave a whole page blank and put the questions on the next page? if I had had to do well in this exam I would have been screwed!
Original post by emmi_lou
I did Schizophrenia, Media and obviously Research Methods...

I found Schizophrenia was a dream, and wrote about 4/5 pages for my easy which I hope is enough. Media was okay, I kinda waffled for the first part, think I might have slightly messed up the Hovland & Yale model but busted my gut in intense fandom and wrote all about Dressing et al's german postal study... Research methods was okay until possibly the last question where I may have slightly messed up the graph and table but other than that all seemes well...

Just have to wait and see how the results come out now.. Hope everyone else found it okay :smile:

Sounds like nailed it! I have never heard of that study :s-smilie: I wrote about Maltby et al and the Celebrity Attitude Scale.
Reply 90

I didn't notice the last page as well until 5 mins til the end of the exam! So angry with those silly silly people who made the exam! I was one of the few people in my school to have missed it though tbh.
It's really annoying cos i thought the rest of the exam was quite decent. Argh!
Reply 91
Original post by mr123
I didn't notice the last page as well until 5 mins til the end of the exam! So angry with those silly silly people who made the exam! I was one of the few people in my school to have missed it though tbh.
It's really annoying cos i thought the rest of the exam was quite decent. Argh!

Complain about it! Loads of people in my School missed it so they are going to complain-hopefully if loads of people complain they will listen. And I can imagine you are angry, was a very stupid thing to do. For one reason or another, year in, year out, AQA has never failed to give me a reason to hate them.
Reply 92
Complain about it! Loads of people in my School missed it so they are going to complain-hopefully if loads of people complain they will listen. And I can imagine you are angry, was a very stupid thing to do. For one reason or another, year in, year out, AQA has never failed to give me a reason to hate them.

Tbh i can't be bothered so i'm gonna leave it. But if i don't get an A this year i shall be complaining on results day! Ha. Good luck with your complaining :P
Reply 93
Original post by mr123
Tbh i can't be bothered so i'm gonna leave it. But if i don't get an A this year i shall be complaining on results day! Ha. Good luck with your complaining :P

mr123 nooo don't leave us high and dry lol (oh I'm not complaining, not my test haha!)
Reply 94
Sounds like nailed it! I have never heard of that study :s-smilie: I wrote about Maltby et al and the Celebrity Attitude Scale.

We were always told that stalking and celebrity worship were part of intense fandom, so that's a study about stalking :smile: A student teacher at my college did a whole psychology day based on research methods and intense fandom, that was the study I remembered the most :biggrin:
Reply 95
mr123 nooo don't leave us high and dry lol (oh I'm not complaining, not my test haha!)

haha, hope it went ok with you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending