The Student Room Group

OCR MEI M1 & M2 June 16th 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
M1: Went really well for me :biggrin: Hope I got an A. All my friends found it easy aswell so grade boundaries might be quite high.
Yes the paper was very easy!!! :smile:
But I couldn't really do q5 - the noise one, but got 3.51s as the answer. What did u get?
Reply 22
something similar to that not sure exactly
M2 was a beaut of a paper, easier than all the past papers I thought. Hopefully ive done well although everybody thought it was a good paper :smile:

The 8 marker of Q1 was a tricky one I thought, finding the angle after two bounces, and I think I got that wrong (I got something like 7), and I am fairly certain I messed up the last question by using the wrong force (I got mu as something like 0.6), but other than that I am fairly confident about my answers :smile: Don't think it'll be an A because I suspect the boundary will be high, would hope for a B though which will do me fine (I need an A overall but expected this would be my worst exam)
Did u use the sound speed which was 343? I didn't because I wasn't sure what to do with it. Just made the vertical distance equation and equated that to 0. :smile:))
Reply 25
Original post by anooshayarif
Did u use the sound speed which was 343? I didn't because I wasn't sure what to do with it. Just made the vertical distance equation and equated that to 0. :smile:))

I found the distance the object travelled. Found out how long it took sound to travel that distance and then added that to the time it took the object to travel that distance.
i got 3.51 seconds for how long it was in the air for, then i worked out the distance as 86 m
so to work out the time you would hear the bang, i done 86/343 = 0.25seconds, sounds about right to anyone? :smile:
Original post by anooshayarif
Yes the paper was very easy!!! :smile:
But I couldn't really do q5 - the noise one, but got 3.51s as the answer. What did u get?

i got something like 3.76 for that

Original post by rebecca_:)
i got 3.51 seconds for how long it was in the air for, then i worked out the distance as 86 m
so to work out the time you would hear the bang, i done 86/343 = 0.25seconds, sounds about right to anyone? :smile:

like this ^^
Reply 28

Yes! This!
Reply 29

same !! high five !:smile:
Yaaay! :biggrin:
Reply 31
can someone tell me how to work out the question 6 in section B ii (B) The big graph one

The question said something differ in least v 0~t ~6 s cant remember ........
Original post by kalok
can someone tell me how to work out the question 6 in section B ii (B) The big graph one

The question said something differ in least v 0~t ~6 s cant remember ........

that one was so confusing, i put v=-4 and came out with t = 3 & 4 :smile:
so then i said on the graph it says 2.4 - 4.5 and said the difference was 1.1 seconds

not right like, but still only logical thing i could think of :/ :colondollar:
I got 1.09 as the difference between the smallest velocity
anyone do m2 then?
that one was so confusing, i put v=-4 and came out with t = 3 & 4 :smile:
so then i said on the graph it says 2.4 - 4.5 and said the difference was 1.1 seconds

not right like, but still only logical thing i could think of :/ :colondollar:

lol same here :P
what di people get for V the velocity before in question 4a
Reply 37
M2: Realised how to do the last part of q1 on the walk home ¬¬
What did people put for the state the angle part?
If I used all the correct method and followed it through to the end for the question involving speed of sound but misread my calculator and inserted a false value for (u) at the start. Will I just lose my answer mark but get the other 7 marks for the steps before?
Reply 39

yes same! but it said time from the start of the projectile so isnt it 0.25 + 3.511 = 3.76... s ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending