The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
holy shmoly.
Reply 2
if your really going to be comfortable with someone aiming a lazer down there then I think thats a pretty reasonable price. havn't got it done anywhere but I was pricing it up not long ago.
Original post by boba
if your really going to be comfortable with someone aiming a lazer down there then I think thats a pretty reasonable price. havn't got it done anywhere but I was pricing it up not long ago.

yeah, i realise its probs embarassing & sore etc, but i think it might be worth it.
just researching at the moment :smile:
Reply 4
Is that price for full body? or specific areas of your body only?
I've payed 1,000 for full body laser hair removal, and it is for 10 sessions. (London) I've been to about 4-5 sessions, and I'm quite happy with the results :smile: Your hair, especially on your legs, become a lot thinner and it takes about 2 months for it to grow after each session. I had so many ingrown hairs which also led to scars etc but I haven't got that problem any more, so yeah it helps a lot with ingrown hairs :smile:
and by the way, laser doesn't work on thin/blonde hair :wink:
Original post by Bueno93
I've payed 1,000 for full body laser hair removal, and it is for 10 sessions. (London) I've been to about 4-5 sessions, and I'm quite happy with the results :smile: Your hair, especially on your legs, become a lot thinner and it takes about 2 months for it to grow after each session. I had so many ingrown hairs which also led to scars etc but I haven't got that problem any more, so yeah it helps a lot with ingrown hairs :smile:

wow. this is expensive then
this is 850 for brazilian + tummy line
full body quote = £2,600 for 6

yeah, not to worry about the blonde hair thing... im part spanish :L
Original post by LouisVuitton43
i was thinking of getting a brazilian done, as i seriously hate waxing shaving ingrown hairs etc etc

sk:n has priced it at £850 for six sessions,

is this a decent price? i have no idea as ive not properly researched into places in my area etc etc

anyone with experience would be helpful :smile:

That's ridiculously over priced. You can get all of your legs done for that price.
Also... the price of laser is certainly falling due to competition as more and more salons are offering it and that home laser kits are now being sold at Boots.
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
That's ridiculously over priced. You can get all of your legs done for that price.

i dont no any other clinics that do it? im in scotland

also, is all lasering the same? or os there different quality lasers used etc?
i had it done for legs, bikini area and underarms in 2006 back in my home country....paid equivalent to around £2,000 for 7/8 sessions (7 for underarms,8 for legs and bikini area). i still haven't a single strand of new/regrowth anywhere - i went into it thinking it was longterm hair reduction,but not completely permanent removal.......but i'm still pleasantly bald everywhere i got zapped :'D still annoyed i had to pay a little extra for my legs because i'm so tall, rrrrrr ;_;
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
Also... the price of laser is certainly falling due to competition as more and more salons are offering it and that home laser kits are now being sold at Boots.

are the ones at boots actually any good?

edit: also, is it worth waiting a few years to make it cheaper?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11

oh that is expensive! I wanted my arms only, they said 500 for that! So I thought I'd go for fully body. Usually it's more expensive if you're doing specific areas, ask them how much it would be for full body like legs arms etc, it's always cheaper. (depends if you want that though)
Also, I thought it would be way too embarrassing, but you will get over the embarrassment after the first session:wink:
Reply 12

my mum bought one a few years ago and it works but you have to do every hair individually and its very frustrating. my dad now has one bald finger though.
I think there selling them that do bigger patches at a time now.
Reply 13

sorry, just realised you wrote 2,000 :s-smilie: that's double the amount of mine. There might be other clinics that do it for cheaper, keep searching :wink:
Reply 14
Seems a bit pricey to me, I'd be looking at more the £600 mark
Original post by MovingOn
Seems a bit pricey to me, I'd be looking at more the £600 mark

ok thanks :smile:

ill keep searching x
Reply 16
Original post by Bueno93

Thats a really good price. Which clinic is this?

I haven't tried the Boots one. New models came out this month so you won't find many reviews for it. As for if it's worth waiting, that's for you to decide. At the end of the day, laser will save you a lot of money, esp if you do waxing.
On the website Groupon they seem to have deals for hair removal almost every other day! Keep checking the groupon page for your area, a good deal might come up.
Reply 19
Original post by DeepStar
Thats a really good price. Which clinic is this?

Sisa Beauty Clinic, in Stoke Newington.

Latest