The Student Room Group

(Help) used a Pencil for Edexcel GCSE Maths exam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by youngeN
Spoke to my exams office and they said they're going to send a letter or so. Hope everything goes well

i used my pencil for one my maths test, so what did your exam board say when you used your pencil?
Aren't you meant to use HB pencil for graphs and drawings? This would mean that anyone who had drawn a graph or sketch in pencil wouldn't have been marked. I'm sure that HB pencils show up on the scan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Hi youngeN I know it was ages ago but did they mark your paper. I can't find anything on the Internet that tells me whether they do or not...
Original post by youngeN
Spoke to my exams office and they said they're going to send a letter or so. Hope everything goes well

Hi! I've done a couple of my calculation questions in a Chemistry paper in pencil... I'm really nervous about it too... Do you remember or know if they marked questions answered with pencil or not?
Original post by Ehatti
Hi youngeN I know it was ages ago but did they mark your paper. I can't find anything on the Internet that tells me whether they do or not...

Did you also use pencil to answer? Did it get marked?
Reply 25
Original post by Chin2009
Did you also use pencil to answer? Did it get marked?

Just to let you know it will of been marked without a problem as long as you use a dark pencil, there have been students in the past at our school who have used pencil and when checked with the exam board they said it would be fine for them to write with pencil as long as it was a dark pencil
Original post by NR22
Just to let you know it will of been marked without a problem as long as you use a dark pencil, there have been students in the past at our school who have used pencil and when checked with the exam board they said it would be fine for them to write with pencil as long as it was a dark pencil

Oh Okay Thank you! I'm assuming an HB pencil would be fine then
People use pencils on graphs/loci/drawings etc so it will be scanned. If it doesnt it will appear fuzzy and they will check dw.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending