The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Warwick Mathematics imo.
Reply 2
spy007
Ok please no replies like "prestige doesnt matter", im asking about prestige so it does matter.............. :p:

Well, I'm saying it anyway. Prestige is a red-herring; ignore it. Just go for the best course with the best teaching (they tend to be the most 'prestigious' anyway).
Reply 3
Warwick...

:eek: 421 voters, but only 140 have viewed this thread!
Reply 4
The poll is fairly evenly spread, I would think you could take any of them as prestigious.
Reply 5
Definately UCL Mathematics. :smile:
Reply 6
i thought spy007 wanted to work for mi6
Easily Warwick Maths. Probably the best maths degree out of Cambridge.
Reply 8
Daban
i thought spy007 wanted to work for mi6

Considering youre not supposed to tell anyone youre even thinking of applying, I doubt thats going to happen :wink:
Reply 9
wow im overwhelmed with the responses!

Thanks everyone for voting and commenting, i didnt realise they were that close!!
Reply 10
prestige doesnt matter :rolleyes:
Reply 11
I agree that prestige doesn't really matter, its more what you make of your university life, but if I had to vote then Warwick has a very good maths course and I wouldn't slight Durham's Natural Sciences course either :smile: .

The poll has been tampered with surely and if so would a moderator own up :p: and tell us exactly how it was, so we can still see the results, however silly the question might be? I'm guessing that just a hundred votes have been added to each category??
Reply 12
Casey
I agree that prestige doesn't really matter, its more what you make of your university life,

yes it does matter end of.
Reply 13
spy007
yes it does matter end of.

Well, all the best for getting into a "prestigous" university/course with an attitude that values how its seen over the academic content :smile: .
Reply 14
Casey
Well, all the best for getting into a "prestigous" university/course with an attitude that values how its seen over the academic content :smile: .

because you're talking ********!

What you have said is what you say to someone when they've been rejected by a university they really wanted to go to. It may be polite and kind, but its not helpful and its a lie.

Prestige counts everywhere, Oxford is above Imperial because of prestige, teaching levels between the two could put Imperial on top.
Reply 15
you cant compare a university (Oxford) with a Polytechnic (Imperial). Does Imperial have the best PPE course in the country for example? no.
see my point?
Reply 16
eth0
you cant compare a university (Oxford) with a Polytechnic (Imperial). Does Imperial have the best PPE course in the country for example? no.
see my point?

?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW IS IMPERIAL A POLYTECHNIC?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

No i dont see your point, im saying that Imperial is actually better for teaching quality whereas Oxford still relies on its prestige more for ranking/employability..............

............concluding that prestige still counts!

Tonnes of the bottom universities may be the bees knees when it comes to the course, but no employer is going to value them because they dont have prestige!
eth0
see my point?

What a joker... :biggrin:
Reply 18
President_Ben
What a joker... :biggrin:

i know im in histerics!
Reply 19
uhm, sorry about that, I didnt mean that Imperial is a polytechnic as for example Manchester Metropolitan was. What I meant was that it is widely known for its science and engineering courses and not for the anything else.

Latest