The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
>lol just drink less,

>or mix ure alco drinks with no alco drinks,

>mix dirnking with food,

>dont be standing up while drinking,

>ooh if u wanna fun night out watch all ure mates go mad and dont drink (OMG goin out not drinking- yes it can be dun lol) that'll put u rite off when u see what idiots they all look like, but yeh simply drink less
The solution really is obvious and I'm actually suprised you even needed to ask. Just drink less and don't mix your drinks. Everyone has a different tolerance. I have a friend who is wasted after a couple of alcopops.

I admit to sometimes drinking so much that I chuck up but most of the time I know my limit.

Someone said that being sick during the night stops you having a hangover in the morning. I think it's stupid making yourself sick on purpose. If you want to avoid a hangover the next morning have something to eat and a pint of water when you get in after a night out. A lie in also helps. If you can't have a lie in because you need to be up early then I think it's just stupid to go out on the piss the night before when you know you need to be up.
Reply 22
We've just driven through a "police drink driving campaign zone" in Wolves... my boyfirned only had 1, but he threw up at the bar before we left... think he's got food poisoning... the policeman smelled it on his breath and made him do a breathaliser. Its was so funny because he'd only had one. and Everyone else in the car had had like 12 lmao. I think you had to be there...
wolves woo lol. im from wednesbury hehe. Im the opposite i have never ever been sick from alcohol, regardless of whether i can actually stand up or not!!! which is great for me as bein sick is nasty, thankfully haven't been since i was 10 and had food poisoning.. wooo. I'm so glad im never sick
pete12345
this is my 1st post and i searched through the forums but could not find the answer.

so here’s my question:

when i go out drinking no matter what i eat or drink before i will be sick which does get embarrassing so i just wondered if anyone had any cures for being able to keep the booze down instead of bringing it back up before the night ends?

what do you drink?

How fast do you drink it?

Are you mixing your drinks?

You'll probably find your answer in the above.
Reply 25
CheesyBeans
Someone said that being sick during the night stops you having a hangover in the morning. I think it's stupid making yourself sick on purpose. If you want to avoid a hangover the next morning have something to eat and a pint of water when you get in after a night out. A lie in also helps. If you can't have a lie in because you need to be up early then I think it's just stupid to go out on the piss the night before when you know you need to be up.
Well, it does help...
You've obviously not been so dizzy-drunk, that you really need to make yourself sick, it makes you feel so much better, whether you think it's stupid or not's irrelevant.
Sure, if you've only had a bit~ drink water but there are times when you feel that if you don't make yourself sick now, you're just gonna pass out/ be violently sick later when you're not in control of it. :s:
Reply 26
i always have hangovers if i've been sick due to alcohol...
just be careful..don't mix your drinks and watch how much you're drinking :smile:
"women prefer men who talk to them instead of slobber over them!"

Some women like dogs... so...yeah.
Reply 28
pace yourself who cares if you aren;t the most pissed person
Reply 29
Firebird
Some of my (male) friends have cottoned onto the fact that if you're sick, you don't get hungover, and you can still get really really drunk. So they "TC" (tactical chunder) when they think that they've drank a little too much - as in, a couple more drinks and they'll vomit without it being deliberate.

Drink less. Or TC. Either way have chewing gum afterwards.

Ha ha, I'd never heard of the phrase 'TC' before going away to uni.
Its a matter of pride that I don't do it though - drinking less is the way to go!
mtbab
ooh if u wanna fun night out watch all ure mates go mad and dont drink (OMG goin out not drinking- yes it can be dun lol) that'll put u rite off when u see what idiots they all look like, but yeh simply drink less

I don't drink when I go to parties (you can dance for longer! :biggrin: ) and it is great fun to watch everyone else act like proper twits and do things that they wouldn't normally do. Not to mention the people who do get into a proper state and have to be carried out by their mates!! Very funny! But it also isn't pretty and I know that I don't wanna end up like that (not being able to even walk or just doing things I wouldn't normally do). Its really funny...if I had a video cam I'd film everyone and then show them....their faces would be a picture! :biggrin:
Reply 31
beanie
Are you always sick regardless of what it is you've been drinking? I've found it depends what it is I'm drinking. If I drink Stella, I can guarentee I'll be sick- even if I've only had a pint... so I don't drink that now, obviously. If I drink anything else I'm totally fine.

Yer same here, I can drink absolute tonnes of wine/barcadi breezers/spirits (I will be as drunk as anything) and can guarantee I won't be sick, but if I touch a pint of lager / beer - thats it :eek: - revenge of the sick!

Just drink slower - lots of water and stay with the same drink - if you drink loads of water, in between not all at once, you will get quite drunk then and there, but will sober up pretty quick and will not have a hangover (I speak from experience).
Can someone just explain to me the attraction of getting so drunk (or just drinking loads) you throw up or do daft things. I don't get it.
Reply 33
A mate of mine used to have this problem for a year or so when we first started going out, often after just 1 or 2 pints. It may be somethign you just grow out of, as he did.
beach_surf_babe
Can someone just explain to me the attraction of getting so drunk (or just drinking loads) you throw up or do daft things. I don't get it.

Getting that drunk usually shows need for escapism IMO which shows. Or lack of controll. As you drink though you seem to lose inhibitions and controll...which means youre will to say "stop drinking" seems to go outtathawindow

Latest

Trending

Trending